Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possibility of FMIC killing J/C or selling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
    That is true the import line is their bread and butter, shame what they have been doing to the USA and custom shop line.

It is true that the Jackson Import line IS there "bread and butter" for sales. Walk into any guitar store and look what's hanging on the walls, Imports! From the big chains to mom&pop stores, I have not seen a Jackson USA model hanging there in years. (at least here anyways)
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Actually a couple of USA made Jacksons popped up at my local guitar store.
      A few imports as well. And Charvels too, imports and San Dimas.
      I haven't seen Jackson/Charvels there in many, many years.
      This only leads me to believe the Jackson/Charvel name is growing stronger, over here anyway!
      "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

you know it's that pompus..."no pointy guitars in this band" bullsh*t. Of course Jackson or Charvel guitars without pointy headstocks are like as out of place to me as a Les Paul WITH a pointy headstock.

I do believe that all things come back around. I mean in the 80's you could buy a Les Paul Standard for $600 because Jackson, Charvel, Kramer etc was the "in" thing to have (everyone had to have a FLoyd). Then it became envogue to have a Les Paul or Strat again.

Personally, I love them all because they have their own place in history and are fine instruments for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86 View Post
          Actually a couple of USA made Jacksons popped up at my local guitar store.
          A few imports as well. And Charvels too, imports and San Dimas.
          I haven't seen Jackson/Charvels there in many, many years.
          This only leads me to believe the Jackson/Charvel name is growing stronger, over here anyway!
          The Los Angeles area Guitar Centers have had more and more USA Jackson in the last couple of years too. The GC in Oxnard has at least 3-4 USAs, 1-2 EVHs, and 1-2 Charvel SDs. Of course I'd only buy from a JCF dealer, but its good to see nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
            Well, almost. The Model 6 has binding and the much-coveted MOP inlays.
            Don't forget the shitty JT-6. But at least the first year had a Kahler. Now where can you get an import Jackson with a Kahler these days? Oh that's right...Jackson Stars. :ROTF:
            The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

I can't speak for the J/C side, but the new Japanese Gretsches that Fender is producing, are some of the best Gretsches ever made. The US ones have always been notorious for having QC problems as well as some build issues, although they always had a cool factor. I just picked up a 6120-1960 reissue and it is simply a gorgeous, well made guitar.

Comment

The shops in my area have a few USA ( 20 units between 3 locations) but they don't seem to be moving, everytime I go in to take a look no one shows them any interest other than myself and they store's are busy . They havent sold a single one since mid summer and they are all discounted , I doubt that there will be any new models coming in. I don't know what people are buying these days but in my area it's not Charvel/Jackson.

Comment

At this one shop they've got Gibson Les Pauls, Charvels, Jacksons, Fender Strats and Teles, Zion, Tom Anderson, Don Grosh etc., both import and US made stuff, but always a lot of high-end guitars.
                  I've noticed that 9 out of 10 times some dude will pick up a Fender Strat to play around with.

Jacksons and Charvels just ain't "cool" cause Floyd Rose is not ok to like unless you're a "hairy headbanging metalmaniac", and let it be known, metal ain't cool either, them metalheads just crank the amp up to 11 and have absolutely no idea what tone is, no son, you stick to a Fender!

Yes, this is bothering me..
                  "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86 View Post
                    unless you're a "hairy headbanging metalmaniac",
                    Guilty!

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

look at how tiny that Double Rhoads looks!!
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuary View Post
                        Don't forget the shitty JT-6. But at least the first year had a Kahler.
                        I'd rather play a guitar with a JT6 over a Kahler any day!
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Kahler users don't really have an option now apart from going CS (or Jackson Stars).
                          The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                            I'd rather play a guitar with a JT6 over a Kahler any day!
                            Why does that not surprise.
                            "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I have played the Floyd-Kahler Pro and JT-6 amongst other trems, and there is no way I would pick a JT-6 over a Kahler Pro, but to each their own ofcourse Non-Recessed Original Floyd for me, then a Kahler Pro. Jack.

Comment

Working...
                              X