WRMG...made of basswood or alder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WRMG...made of basswood or alder?

Hello. I'm thinking of buying a Jackson WRMG. Jackson's website says it is made of Alder, but some retail sites say it is basswood. I know Jackson's official site has been known to make errors like this, so I'm not sure which sites are correct. Does anyone know?

Musicians Friend says alder. I would also say alder, as the rest of the MG/Pro series guitars are alder. Does Jackson even use basswood in regular production anymore?

Comment

WRMG is alder. WRXT is basswood.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I think it's baswood on X/MG series since last July. Before that it was alder.

Comment

the X-series used to be alder, but is now basswood. The MG series has always been alder.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
            the X-series used to be alder, but is now basswood. The MG series has always been alder.
            What he says.

Comment

I always forget the X Series exists

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
                I think it's baswood on X/MG series since last July. Before that it was alder.
                that's what i'm afraid of. I don't mind the tone of basswood, but I've always found that basswood dents really easily, and since its such a pointy guitar...that would not be good.

Even though I think the colors are really lame for the new ibanez copy of the jackson warrior...i'm kind tempted by it. I was going to swap the EMG pickups in the warrior to DiMarzios anyway. I actually want a D Activator bridge pickup too...might end up swaping out the neck pickup though. I'm not an ibanez man, but it seems to have better specs and price.

Comment

that's what i'm afraid of. I don't mind the tone of basswood, but I've always found that basswood dents really easily, and since its such a pointy guitar...that would not be good.
                  Well...like already stated, the WRMG has an alder body.

Comment

Working...
                  X