Help with DKMG 2006 model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with DKMG 2006 model

Hey, i got a DKMG CBS 2006 model for xmas (the one with the 81/85 pups).

just b4 i start, i wanna say this is such a nice guitar, with feel and look. amazing.

The problem is that the pickups are not parallel with the strings, which is rele annoying cuz i need the pickups lower as one side is higher than the other so the pickup hits the strings earlier than if it was flat.

the pickup holder thing has been cut at an angle and i cant see why, would i be able to buy 2 replacement pickup holder thingys? :S

i hope u can see from the pic that they arent parallel and its on the non adjustable side

suggestions?

Thanks

Oh, you mean the pickup rings. Yes, you can buy them:
    http://www.allparts.uk.com/catalogue...hp?cPath=91014

Comment

do u think they fitted slanted rings by mistake?

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaUK View Post
        do u think they fitted slanted rings by mistake?
        I dont know. One of my guitars came with a slanted ring too. My friend's DXMG has slanted rings too. I prefer non-slanted rings too.

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
          I dont know. One of my guitars came with a slanted ring too. My friend's DXMG has slanted rings too. I prefer non-slanted rings too.
          so what is the benefit/advantage of having slanted rings?

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaUK View Post
            so what is the benefit/advantage of having slanted rings?
            Cosmetics. You usually see slanted rings on guitars with an archtop so they can match the slope of the arch.
            Scott

Comment

Ah im confused!? what does archtop mean???

apparently mine is archtop, but its still flat where the pickups are, so the rings should be flat! shouldnt they?

help

Comment

Yes, yours is archtop. It's purely a cosmetic thing. If you prefer non-slanted rings, then get them.

Comment

It's normal. Don't worry about it. My old '94 Dinky HX is the same way (and it's a flat top, not arch top... plus the pickups are mounted directly into the body without rings anyway). It's just the neck angle tilts back more for use with the tune-o-matic bridge that sits higher off the body. Even if you buy perfectly flat rings, your pickups will still be at a slant.

Welcome to the forum.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

BTW, if having the strings parallel with the pickups is really important to you, I guess you can always put a little piece of foam or wood or business cards or something on one side underneath the pickup.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I don't think the DKMG EMGs are mounted to the body directly so a flat ring would yeild a flat pickup would it not?
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

i've never had a guitar with a flat ring, they have always been angled.

Comment

+1. same here. oh, nice score btw. post some big pix for us please.
                          Last edited by wilkinsi; 01-23-2007, 11:52 AM.
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

The model series Charvels had flat rings, although they should have had slanted ones to match the neck/string angle.

Comment

From the pic it looks like you could turn the ring around and it would make the pickup parallel to the strings.
                              |My CSG gallery|
                              (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Working...
                              X