Last Pre-Fender serial number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Pre-Fender serial number

What was the final serial number on a USA Select Jackson guitar before Fender took over? And what model was it?
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Re: Last Pre-Fender serial number

Anybody?
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

I'm sure they cranked out hundreds, if not thousands of guitars in the last months before the buyout. There's probably some bean counter at Fender that could tell you, call 'em up nad ask 'em! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

My toe tag was 10/02/02 and the serial# was 11585 on my SL1. I'm not sure how accurate these are anyway.

joe...
        www.godwentpunk.com
        www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

With the San Dimas/Ontario switch, it was a lot easier to tell. When you're shutting down production then moving the facilities it's kind of hard NOT to know what the last thing you worked on was. But work continued as Fender took over. And I swear I'm going to neuter the next person that uses the phrase "pre Fender".

Comment

It isn't like the first guitar made after the keys to the front door were handed over to Fender is some big turning point. Fender still probably hasn't implemented any new policies, good or bad, as far as the quality of the instruments goes. It will be gradual changes over time as they either implement the dreaded "cost-saving measures", or actually improve the quality of the guitars.

I'm no fan of Fender electric guitars (can't play the necks on the damn things, and hate single coils), but geez, Fender as a company has been around longer than most of us have been alive; maybe they'll improve the situation some. How about a custom shop guitar that doesn't take a year and a half to take delivery of? Could happen!

- Eric

[ March 22, 2003, 11:59 PM: Message edited by: AlexL ]
            Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

I don't think anybody really knows because it wasn't like Fender took over in one day. Many guitars were already built before the buy out, some during, etc so there really is no way to pinpoint and say, "Well this is the last one we are making as AMIC/Jackson, and as I stamp this number in the board on this day at this time...this next one is the first one under new ownership..."

They were just making guitars. The guys went to work and did what they do during the whole affair.

Comment

Personally, I'd rather have a post-Fender than what was being cranked out in the last year before Fender took over. Quality control was lacking and Fender was aware.

Comment

i believe that fender HAS done some things in the c/s. if memory serves me, they got some more (new?) machinery, or are getting some.

hm...yeah, i wonder if i could be more vague???

sully
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

"He says so much, yet so little..." [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Pre Fender! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Bring it, BM! [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Guys, please don't subscribe to the "Pre-Fender" BS. The same guys are making them and the push now is for quality control above all else. The guys at Fender want to know above all else ANYTHING that was wrong with the Jackson line.

Matt

Comment

I wish they really did Matt. I do know they were aware of some of the quality issues but when I tried to talk with them about it all they did was get big heads and think they knew a thousand times more about it than I did. I can only hope they've addressed the quality. Some of the stuff I saw in 2002 was pathetic.

Comment

I picked up my Death Angel from the shop the day it went down, i guess you could say it was mine? they were pissed i got it out of their, fender wanted that one too but didnt, so mine is J6551

Comment

/me grabs the ninja sword and neuters RacerX. You were warned, yeti-boy. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X