Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks for the opinons on the Warrior......finished it today.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the opinons on the Warrior......finished it today.....

The single coil rails at the bridge are gonna be gone without a doubt. The cavity is going to need to be routed anyways, so I'm undecided if I wanna keep the bridge hum slanted, or if I want to have it mounted straight and then have some filler added to cover some of the slant route? Any opinions?
    You can see the original rails slant mounted in the Warrior #2 thread as well as the killer job Ken did routing an EMG into his Warrior further down in the same thread.

Thanks,
    - Joel

EDIT: Thanks for the opinions...slanted it is. I've got a bunch of EMG's lying around so I'm tossing them in everything. Here are a couple pics of the job I just finished...pretty simple. EMG 81 with metal pickup ring. I took my time and made sure I did it right...I wanted it to look stock, I think it does.
    Brad...3 hums would be killer....I don't have a router so I used a dremel to open the cavity where it needed.

[ March 18, 2003, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: Joel Drabicki ]
    RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
    RIP Dime

Re: Thanks for the opinons on the Warrior......finished it today.....

Leave it slanted. It looks better. (at least to me)

The less major digging you have to do to it the better.

Comment

Yeah, not like that total mutt-job he did on my old Warrior Pro [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

I'm thinking of putting two regular (passive) stacked hums in the bridge of my Warbird - maybe a Classic Stack and Lil 59 or something. Then again, maybe I could just swap out the wah circuit for a boost?

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

its a pro. do wha tever you want!

Comment

make it a 3 pickup! hum.!

Comment

its a pro. do wha tever you want!
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thats the ticket!

Comment

I'd leave it slanted!!

Comment

Hey my Warrior had 3 seymour duncan hot rail, the mini humbuckers. I switched them out for 3 EMG SA,s do what you like It is your guitar just don't paint it pink....sorry Joe

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Pink RULES on guitars! SO [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

A pink Warrior, now that would be KILLER! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
                    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                    Gotta get away from here.
                    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

How about a bathtub route and a pickguard? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Personally, I would get some SC-size humbuckers and put in there. I really dig the look of those Warriors and if I ever got hold of one, I'd hate to "ruin" that by routing it. Isn't there any pickup manufacturer that makes decent sc-sized 'buckers? How about the DiMarzio FastTrack pickups?

But if you must do it, my vote is for the slanted humbucker. =)

'bane

Comment

dremel = one of the best creations known to man.

nice job joel.

sully
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

2 slanted EMG hums, like Xenos Malevolent Creation warrior. Good job BTW.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I must say that was a job nicely done! =)

'bane

Comment

Working...
                              X