CHARVEL 475 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHARVEL 475 questions

Hi everyone , I am new around and I have a couple of questions about the guitar mentioned in the subject line. I am switching from a crappy Ibanez RG 350ex bk to this one hopefully.
    The main reason I am getting rid of this guitar is the bad floating bridge which was made of soft materials and the guitar has started going out of tune. The bridge is not returning to its normal position. And generally I spend more time trying to make this guitar work than playing.
    I have found a Charvel 475 on a local second-hand site for 500 EUR (this might be too much but nevermind) and I would like to know if I will have the same problem with it. I have checked HarmonyCentral for reviews and everyone describes this guitar as having 22 frets, yet this particular one has 24! I don't know why...It is a Japanese model and the overall rating is pretty high
    What do you guys think about it..
    Another option is to buy a Gotoh tremolo and replace the current one but I am generally fed up with Ibanez and I want to get rid of it...
    Many thanks for your help!

Sounds a little on the high side to me, but even if you find one on the bay you pay the extra in shipping anyway. I'd go for it, the Charvel 475 is definitely a nice guitar than the RG350.
    Guitars:
    '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
    '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
    '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
    Amp:
    VOX AD30VT

Comment

From the front Charvel 475DX is very similar to the Charvel 650XL which has same specs, except it has 24 frets, is neckthru and has painted neck. Can you post a pic or something? 500 EUR may be a bit too much for a 475DX, but it is a great deal for 650XL in Europe!!

Comment

that was fast!
        Thanks guys for the replies...well, I cannot post pictures because the site won't allow saving pictures...
        if you got to www.marktplaats.nl and search for Charvel this one will come up first
        as for the other models that you have mentioned, I am a bit confused as I don't know anything about those models...I have checked www.musicstore.com and they only have the expensive models...Does Charvel even make cheaper models these days?

edit:
        OK, I have checked it on Ebay, the 650 one is great!
        But unfortunately only in the USA...
        Last edited by DB_MAJ7; 11-10-2006, 12:46 PM.

Comment

I presume you mean this one:
          http://www.marktplaats.nl/index.php?...f%3D1%26fta%3D

That's a 650xl alright. And that will be your 500 EUR ever spent . Go for it!

The "cheaper" models were made in Japan and that was in 90s. They're not making them anymore. They are very good guitars!

Comment

Yeah, a 650 in Desert Crackle! Looks like it's in killer shape. 500? I'd hit it!

http://www.audiozone.dk/CatalogScans...ges/Page18.htm
            Last edited by jackson1; 11-10-2006, 01:05 PM.
            Henrik
            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

thanks guys...I have contacted the guy already to see if he is willing to lower the price a bit...so you say it's a custom? Nice

Comment

Originally posted by DB_MAJ7 View Post
                thanks guys...I have contacted the guy already to see if he is willing to lower the price a bit...so you say it's a custom? Nice
                it's not custom shop. custom is just a part of the name. dont now why.

Comment

Originally posted by DB_MAJ7 View Post
                  Well, good luck in haggling...but that is already an awesome price for a 650 in Europe! Get it before somebody else does! It's in one of the more desirable finishes as well.

One thing to be aware of: The Floyd on the 650 is top-mounted (non-recessed), and has some neck angle (like a Les Paul). The "recess" you can see in the picture is actually a "Pull-up route". If you like recessed trems, chances are that this guitar will feel a bit odd to play, because the bridge sits higher off the body.

The bridge pickup in those sounds really nice, but may be a little low in output if you're into high-gain metal. The "singlecoils" are actually stacked humbuckers, and in my opinion they aren't very exciting at all.

Comment

Welcome to the Board.
                    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

thank you all for the nice welcome and for the advice!
                      I have a DiMarzio Tone Zone , do you think it would sound good on this guitar?
                      And, yes, the bridge position could be a bit of a problem, I like it when its parallel to the body...but I will get used to it...
                      thanks again!

Comment

Hallo Nederlander!

Hoe gaat het
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Definately not a 475. The 475 I has a bolton neck & I thought it had dot inlays, not Sharkfins.
                          KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                          I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

No 475 has sharkies but has 22 frets.
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                              Hallo Nederlander!

Hoe gaat het
                              Heel goed, maar Ik spreek geen Nederlands
                              I only live here...
                              So it's not a 475? You guys think it's a good deal because the guy doesn't even know what he's selling, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X