Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

READ! FENDER HAS NO JACKSON SERVICE AVAILABLE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• READ! FENDER HAS NO JACKSON SERVICE AVAILABLE!

Just got of the phone with Tim, a Representitve for FMIC Customer Service.

There is currently NO support for Jackson Guitars Parts and Service because they are taking inventory and are unfamiliar with the products. He said that this is going to take some time and that we should go to the stores that we purchase there products at and see if they can help us.

Not to get into details but I just got a Brand new guitar (USA Made) and the 3 way switch TIP is missing. I new it when I bought it but figured Jackson could send me the part since in the past they have always done so for me. Bummer... I dont know what to think.... Do I want to continue buying a product that cant be serviced because the company needs to train there people and take inventory of its parts before the can help me????? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

[ March 12, 2003, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: Firebird V ]

Re: READ! FENDER HAS NO JACKSON SERVICE AVAILABLE!

I hear ya! Ken's got one of my string-thru Professional Dinkies at his house and is going to do a setup on it, but first he's trying to find an eyelet for the high E string. He's basically gotten nowhere with Fender, so it looks like he'll have to got through ESP or Schecter.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I know it sucks, but it's a temporary situation; they'll bet a grip.

A pickup switch tip should be a generic item; depending on whether it's blade or
      toggle, a Fender or Gibson tip should work. If it was more that'd be a real PITA though.

Just go to Guitar Center and take one off
      a similar guitar - if there are any left
      on ANY of them! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Just kidding, but it seems like that's what a lot of people
      do!
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Do I want to continue buying a product that cant be serviced because the company needs to train there people and take inventory of its parts before the can help me?????
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't know about you, but I want to make DAMN sure that the person working on my guitar know precisely what the f**k he's doing. I'll be inconvenienced if it means that the company is getting its s**t together and training their people. Parts inventory is very important if you have a computerized system that handles inventory (which Fender does). Instead of having to trudge out to the parts room any time someone needs a part, you just punch up the part number on the computer and see how many you have. Without an accurate inventory, you could easily be selling parts you don't have. That is never a good thing.

Comment

Try GMW. I just got some Jackson control plates from them. He no doubt has tips too.

Comment

Ummm... [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] we're talking about an item that costs like a dollar to replace. Yeah, I'm gonna stop buying USA Jacksons because some dink at the music store stole the tip off the pickup selector... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
            please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Bro- U r missing my point... I replaced the part so no problem.... The problem is that there is NO SUPPORT for parts or service as of yet. If the problem was more serious then just a dinky little tip for a switch I would be F-d because there is NO SUPPORT! He was nice but he kind of had a tone in his voice that was almost like he did not really care about the Jackson line.... Oh well, Hopefully things will improve and they will get a staff in there like they used to have that was knew the products they are selling/sold.

[ March 12, 2003, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: Firebird V ]

Comment

I totally hear ya dude. This time it's something small, next time it might be something bigger and it won't be servicable. But give it some time. Fender will finally get it's act together, learn what they have to and get everything running smoothly. But ya gotta ask, what the hell kinda company buys another without doing it's complete homework on it?

Comment

I developed long ago a DIY approach to guitar repair, mainly because of product support people who weren't very helpful. So I don't doubt that the Fender product support isn't as knowledgeable or helpful as the previous regime.

After all, these are guys who think tiny frets, massive neck-bolt plates, string trees and super-thin coats of nitrocellulose paint that you can sweat through, are GOOD things.

Comment

F'n [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
                      I know it sucks, but it's a temporary situation; they'll bet a grip.

A pickup switch tip should be a generic item; depending on whether it's blade or
                      toggle, a Fender or Gibson tip should work. If it was more that'd be a real PITA though.

Just go to Guitar Center and take one off
                      a similar guitar - if there are any left
                      on ANY of them! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Just kidding, but it seems like that's what a lot of people
                      do!
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Love your sig lerxstcat, good to see another Rush fan here!

Comment

After all, these are guys who think tiny frets, massive neck-bolt plates, string trees and super-thin coats of nitrocellulose paint that you can sweat through, are GOOD things.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Super thing coats of nitrocellulose that you can sweat through ARE a good thing. You don't have layer upon layer of rock-hard lacquer screwing up the tone of a perfectly good piece of wood.

Comment

What good is a thin nitro paintjob if it sweats off the guitar? Why not just get a tung oil finish? If you're gonna even bother to paint the thing, the finish should stay put.

Comment

What good is a thin nitro paintjob if it sweats off the guitar? Why not just get a tung oil finish?
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'd go with tung oil all the time if I could. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] If it actually comes off the guitar, there's a problem. I know the SweeTones don't do that. Not sure about anything else though.

Comment

I tried to get my Jackson USA JJ-1 serviced through the company when it was owned by Akai....it was horrible...Basically the headstock label ( a glued on piece of plastic with the Jackson Logo and scotts sig etc) was becoming unglued and it looked bubbely....I sent it to Jackson through my dealer..a good friend who has handled Jackson and Charvel in the 80's and beyond...they said they cannot do finnish work and that they woudl not fix it?? So I said fine..if you send me another plate I will have a local and very skilled Luthier attach a new one....they said they could not do that becuase I could bootleg the plates and sell my own knockoffs!!???!! crazy huh..anyways as a favor they "glued" it back on...it worksd but looks like ****..definitley not a pro repair...If it was not my favorite guitar I would be disgusted..it just plays so damn good that I continue to use it and still love Jacksons guitars...

Comment

Working...
                              X