A sad fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rummy
    I guess i will try to order from e-bay, or musiciansfriend, did some of u already order in this way, because I'm affraid it will get damaged while it gets delivered? Now i'm even anoying myself with these stupid questions...
    P.S: I know Tiddles ...
    In my experience, there's less of a chance for damage sending to Europe than there would be sending to the USA.

Why? Because shipping to Europe through UPS or Fedex is done Express First Class, while in the states we ship on the ground. A package to Turkey, for example, arrives in 2 days, stopping only in Memphis and Istanbul. The cost is killer though $200-250, so as longas you can handle that, shipping to Europe is no problem.

Comment

Yep I’ve bought quite a few guitars on eBay, some from within UK, others from USA and Japan…, never any problems with damage in postage & all arrived safely & quickly. But there are a number of things to watch out for –

1. Within the EU countries there should be no import tax (although local taxes such as VAT may still apply). But importing from outside EU, eg from USA or Japan adds approx. 24% overall. Eg. add up eBay price plus postage cost, and then expect to pay 24% more when it arrives at your post office!

2. Postage charges can be very high, eg about $130 from Japan to UK, and up to $250 from US using their more expensive postal service (USPS?), but their cheaper service is fine and should be about $100 (UPS?) ...

Keep in mind that buying any used guitar on eBay is always a bit of a risk - you can’t try before buying, can't really see the condition, and there’s no guarantee nor any right to return it if it turns out to be crap. Good idea to buy from well known sellers with a good record of feedback for similar guitars/amps, eg Hiro at “Japanoldguitar” is good for MIJ guitars.

Last thing – expect a few little things to fix on any guitar over 4 or 5 few years old, eg minor fret problems, noisy switches, slipping tuners.

Ian.

Comment

I live in Ireland I've never seen a USA Jackson for sale here even in dublin. I do my best with guitars and try to get deals abroad. I would never pay local prices for guitars here. Its crazy how expensive amps and guitars are in the shops here.
        I've bought from the US a number of times. Just watch out for customs. That could set you back a lot of cash you didn't expect to pay. I just bought an SL2 and will be getting it soon and I'm having that brought from the states. I don't think you should worry too much about playing a guitar before you buy. I you don't like what you have sell it on or trade. If you buy used in the first place you can make a profit looking for a guitar you like!

Comment

I feel your pain bro
          I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Working...
          X