No announcement yet.

Fake Charvels/Jacksons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for clearing that up VitaminG See, I'm learning lots of useful facts already
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

wow Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What's the Plate Say????
      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Thanks for putting up the pic for me
        I'll check the neckplate tomorrow cause the guitar's in my bedroom now and if I wake up my gf she'll probably kill me, lol..
        The guy I bought it from told me it was made in Japan though, and I think he's right cause the one at the musicshop looking like mine is.

Comment

model A+ MIJ very high quality guitar.Maybe a journeyman model looking at the trem.Anyone else
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Fuck I'm wrong again. Oh well. The A's were nice, Real Duncans and all
            I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

That's real. It's called a "Standard". It's a Japanese model made around 2002 when they brought the Charvel line back. Now they're discontinued since they started the USA line again.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat
                model A+ MIJ very high quality guitar.Maybe a journeyman model looking at the trem.Anyone else
                Nope. I've got the little brochure/catalog here. It's a Standard, and it's got a Duncan JB in the bridge and Jazz in the neck. The Model A Plus has the JT580LP Floyd and is H/S/S.

The Journeyman does have the vintage-type trem, but it's only got one humbucker.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks dude
                  So how good are the Japanese guitars compared to the U.S. guitars?
                  I'm not complaining about mine, 'cause I think it's perfect in every way
                  Just wondering if there are really major differences between them?

Comment

Seriously, the main difference between those axes and USA built axes is the price. Just play the shit out of it and enjoy your savings!
                    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Toe thanks for the info. These Charvels are the ones I know the least about.I have that catalog around here somewhere but where is the problem.
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG
                        Charvels were initially the hotrodded super strat type dealio, Jacksons were the state-of-the-art neckthru headcutting machine. They rarely cross over into each other's territory
                        don't take it the wrong way, but I would challenge that last statement a bit. I would prefer they didn't cross over, but they did bigtime with the high-end Charvel model series, Charvel neck through dinkys with sharkies and binding? those were Jacksons with a Charvel logo on them.

I prefer the classic full size strat Charvels with dots, rather than the dinky Jacksons with sharkies. just how I roll, yo.
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

you could say the same thing about the Jackson JRS's - they're full size strat bodied bolt-ons, Wilkinson trems, 22 frets, etc.

But neither were available for very long, considering the 25 years both lines have been alive.
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Ok, the serial-number on the neckplate of my Charvel is as follows:

What does the digits mean?
                            Thanks in advance!

Comment

The fake Charvels your probably hearing about are the "Vintage" San Dimas Charvels especaily the Strat headstock models. Those are more likely to be faked and passed off as a real San Dimas charvel as apposed to the Imports. Althogh there is condusion on the imports too. BTW Any older charvel that has the Fort worth texas neck plate is an import.
                              Gil

Comment

there's plenty of fake jacksons and charvels - just look for "from china" on ebay
                                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                                X