Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever own or try a Charvel acoustic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever own or try a Charvel acoustic?

Specifically the 625C model. Any opinions you may have about Charvel acoustics in general or on this particular model would be appreciated.

I currently own a black Charvel 625C acoustic and am very pleased with it. I got it for around $2?? something shipped from Ebay. If you are on a small budget then these are great guitars for the dough. They feel and play nice and sound pretty good too!! I have only played this Charvel model so I cannot comment on the others. Hope this helped a little If you have any more specific questions just let me know.

Jeremy

Comment

+1 I got it new 10 years ago or so. Nice.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I scored one for a couple hundred bucks. I didn't have an acoustic so money well spent hopefully.

Comment

I have a 625C and it is an outstanding instrument. the workmanship is top quality especially for the price, and it sounds and plays great. the neck is insanely good. you will want to change out the tuners for better quality ones, I put Schallers on mine and it stays in tune doggedly song after song. great guitar.

the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I had the 12 string. It was an excellent acoustic for the price.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

I bought one from Musicians Friend about 10 years ago, but after them sending me 3 in a row with loose and rattling top braces, I opted for an Epiphone PR350CE instead. Not nearly as pretty, but no defects and it played and sounded better. Than the rattling Charvels, that is.

Interesting thing; I wanted to keep the 625C but couldn't get anyone to work on it. They all said "Charvel? They make metal guitars, not known for acoustics". Wouldn't touch it, which sucks since MF was even willing to refund me towards a local repair guy fixing the loose brace. And that was in Santa Monica/West L.A. too, not someplace with few techs.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Firebird V
                +1 I got it new 10 years ago or so. Nice.
                What price did they originally go for, if you don't mind me asking?
                The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

I have a black 625C and I love it. The neck is extremely comfortable and the sound quality is top notch. These guitars are very underrated, imho.

Last edited by Mr. Poon; 04-15-2006, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuary
                    What price did they originally go for, if you don't mind me asking?
                    They were $469 new from Musicians Friend, plus $79 for the SKB hard case.
                    Resale value is not very high, you can typically get them for around $200 and even under.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the info!
                      The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

got mine at a pawnshop for a .357 magnum I traded in, plus about $50 bucks. so about $400 total, and it was like new then in 1996. case was about $60 bought separately. the gold tuners on my guitar always sucked, they were dead. once I replaced them the difference was amazing.
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                        X