jackson 7 strings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackson 7 strings

just curious...are there any in-production 7 string models?...been contemplating getting one but wanted to stay faithful rather than get a 'nez

Re: jackson 7 strings

oh yeah i know about the COW but want more versitality than just 1 p/up

Comment

No more in production, but they did have a few other 7s - Rhoads, Kelly, and a Dinky that had a TOM and a Floyd.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hey Newc, were the Rhoads available with a floyd too? Ive never seen one. And just the other day there was a dr7 on the bay with a blue flame top... didnt know they came with flame tops either!
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I do believe the Kelly and Rhoads had Floyds and TOMs.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

There's a few different 7 string models in the Jackson Stars line.
            THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Only the Dinky DR7 had a Floyd. Both the RR7 and KE7 had TOM bridges.

Are there still any Jackson Stars sevens in production? I know that the Ikebe store had a special run of them made a few years back, but nothing is listed on the Jackson Stars site, and that one KV7 on the Ikebe site is the only current one I can find for sale (apart from the COW, of course). If the COW had a set neck or thru neck, I'd already own one. Jackson really dropped the ball on that one.

Comment

If I could *find* a COW to play I might own one. In other news, Guitar Center still sucks.
                Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

I'd love to see them go back in production... would make a nice bro to my ke-7 then!

Comment

there probably isn't enough "demand" for jackson to consider a new 7 string range. unless you're willing to settle for the COW7, you're looking at spending stupid money on a custom job. i'd love to have a dkmg 7 string in a trans-colour. not gonna happen i'm afraid.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

You don't have to get an Ibvanez, you could always get a Carvin. Carvin makes a nice 7, and you can get one with a mahogany neck as well.
                      Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

hmmm yeah tony macalpine had a carvi 7...how much are they? i know they aren't hugely expensive Carvins

Comment

also i would have thought with bands tuning low still being the rage..there would be more demand for one...or are they thinking they'll never compete with ibanez?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            hmmm yeah tony macalpine had a carvi 7...how much are they? i know they aren't hugely expensive Carvins

[/ QUOTE ]

They go for about $1000 if you get a few options, more like $1200 if you really trick them out.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              also i would have thought with bands tuning low still being the rage..there would be more demand for one...or are they thinking they'll never compete with ibanez?

[/ QUOTE ]

Schecter seems to be the current king of the 7-string guitars. Ibanez hasn't done much new on the 7-string front lately. Apart from the signature models, the USA only gets the RG1527 and RG7321, neither of which are quite as good as the old RG7620. Now, the Japanese market gets some interesting high-end RG Ibanezes, but that's a different story. I would like to see Jackson introduce a 7-string to the USA Select series (I'd buy one in a heartbeat), but I'm sure that will never happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X