How to tell what model Jackson you have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M73jackson View Post
    Bought a used Kelly. Having real trouble identifying it.
    Reverse head. Transparent red maple. Shark fin inlays. Made in Japan sticker on back of neck. Jackson only on head. Volume knob and 3-way pick up switch only. All black Floyd rose special double locked. Custom mustaine Seymour Duncan signature pick ups. Black tuning knobs. Looked in all the annual catalogs and it appears it could only be a KE3R from ‘98-2000 , but the serial number on the anodized black Jackson plate on the back starts with a 1 and is 7 digits. Absolutely gorgeous mint condition axe with no wear nor apparent use whatsoever, but it makes no sense as none of the hardware matches any of the Jackson catalogue avail options for those years. Is it a mutt constructed from a Korean Performer body? A Japanese custom shop? What is this thing? It’s like a MIJ KE2 Pro in a KE3R with the wrong serial plate. Lol. Help! Thx!

Update - Think we’ve figured it out. Looks like it’s a 1998 MIJ KE3R that’s since been updated. Going to unbolt the neck and check the construction stamps on the neck and body though because the serial# makes no sense, or does it?

Comment

IIRC, 7-digit plates starting with 1 are post-2000s and definitely non-Japanese. India, I believe, were the first to use serials starting with 1. But again, anything held on with screws could have been replaced in the last 20 years. There's no shortage of spare parts to make mutts, or even half-assed restorations. I myself have about a dozen plates from the 90s, 2000s, and 2010s with the entire range of numbering.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        IIRC, 7-digit plates starting with 1 are post-2000s and definitely non-Japanese. India, I believe, were the first to use serials starting with 1. But again, anything held on with screws could have been replaced in the last 20 years. There's no shortage of spare parts to make mutts, or even half-assed restorations. I myself have about a dozen plates from the 90s, 2000s, and 2010s with the entire range of numbering.
        Who gave you
        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

I have what i believe is a JS34Q Dinky 2 Humbucker and 2 singles A maple fret board black inlays Its a transparent blue top black sides and back ( a pawn shop find) instead of the serial number being on the neck plate its an brownish orange tag on back of the headstock 311755961, serial number could not be found by Jackson customer service rep but they said it might be too new to be on the list but somewhere online I dont remember where it said that means it was a factory second. Well if it is I found no flaws in it If Im in the wrong post point me in the right direction for help dating and identifying.

Comment

i posted in another section have a jackson 3 pickup strat style 1 hum 2 singles(came from a pawn shop) jackson thinks js34 the serial number is on a sticker on the back of the headstock not on neck plate no one so far has an answer. First I thought newer ones in last few years were like this but I've new ones in guitar center and all even the cheaper ones have serial on neckplate. One person suggested to me factory seconds were tagged that way. The jackson rep had no clue. saw one in a local music shop same serial was on headstock on a sticker this was an adrian smith model for the price must of been the cheaper one. This was before I had mine. I also saw one in a pawn shop after I had mine this was all in the same year any clues the serial number black characters on a orangeish tag..

Comment

i posted in another section Ill try here have a jackson 3 pickup strat style 1 hum 2 singles(came from a pawn shop) jackson thinks js34 the serial number is on a sticker on the back of the headstock not on neck plate no one so far has an answer. First I thought newer ones in last few years were like this but I've seen new ones in guitar center and all models even the cheaper ones have serial on neckplate. One person suggested to me factory seconds were tagged that way. The jackson rep had no clue. saw one in a local music shop same type serial was on headstock on a sticker this was an adrian smith model for the price must of been the cheaper one. This was before I had mine. I also saw one 2 pickup strat style in a pawn shop after I had mine. Mine plus the other 2 saw all in the same year any clues the serial number black characters on a orangeish tag..

Comment

???hello everyone, this is my first post

I ordered this, serial number RR2189 back in 1988 when I was 25 years old. Now, looking back on my life, that was the longest six months of a waiting period. It was originally all black, which I tried to keep touching up with black paint and then once the chips became actual gouges in the wood, I turned it into blood red and then after a while, I added the gold, and now it looks like this.

It has a Lace “drop and gain” pick up along with the concentric knob for both of volume and tone in one hole and stainless steel frets which have lasted like new for 35 years of heavy usage and giggling Metallic, Slayer, and Pantera.

I keep a drawer full of parts for the Floyd Rose JT-6 tremolo, and occasionally I will browse eBay or reverb for parts, because it’s a very peculiar tremolo.

https://flic.kr/p/2p6wtmL
                Last edited by Markedman; 10-05-2023, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Markedman View Post
                  I keep a drawer full of parts for the Floyd Rose JT-6 tremolo, and occasionally I will browse eBay or reverb for parts, because it’s a very peculiar tremolo.

https://www.fretsonthenet.com

Comment

Working...
                  X