Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom orders & G&G cases...

hey gang!

I was reading some old posts about G&G cases and how they're not form fitted. I have a Rhoads on order in the CS and checked the G&G case option, I was wondering if the case I'm going to get is going to be form fitted so that my precious won't move around in it... Anybody knows?

cheers !

Re: Custom orders & G&G cases...

I'm not sure, but having seen various nasty pics of broken pointy headstocks resulting from guitars moving around in G&G cases, I spec'd SKB cases for my XTRR orders...I don't get why alot of people seem to prefer G&G cases myself [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Damn.

Comment

Older G&G cases from the early 90s were not formfitted, but JCF01 and 2 were both form-fitted, and every G&G case I've seen from Jackson since about 1998 has been form-fitted.
        Not sure if you have to SPECIFY Form-fit on the form, but I'd add it just to be sure.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Some/most of the G&G cases are now form fitted. I am currently in the process of making sure ALL of the G&G cases are form fitted for all future use.

Comment

Will we still have the option of SKB cases for Custom Shop orders, or do we have to get a G&G case?

Comment

I ordered a custom Demon - not exactly a regular Jackson body style. I got a form fitted case. I did not ask or request it - I just assumed thats what I would get.
              PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

I hope I get a form fitted G&G for my CS Star.
                I hate these G&G cases without form fitted.

Comment

I ordered my custom Soloist about a year ago, and had to pay an upcharge for a G&G Case and then another upcharge for a Form Fitted G&G Case. Form Fitted should be standard in my opinion and that sucks that I had to pay extra for the formfitted model. Don`t get me wrong, I understand the upcharge for the G&G case, but then it was quite a bit extra for the Form Fitted model. The G&G standard case from the custom shop is Non Form Fitted, at aleast a year ago it was. Jack.

Comment

I was told that all Charvel Custom Shop orders come with a G&G Case now.
                    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

The G&G case that the Dweezil run came with was not form fitted. They've improved the case so the tilt-back headstock no longer rests on the floor of the case, but since it's not tightly formed around the body the guitar can shift forward & the headstock can slam into the end. If the case is dropped headstock-end-down during shipping, your guitar arrives in pieces like Pat's Dweezil did. Until they get form-fit cases, it should be standard procedure for J/C to add extra packing material around the horns to keep the guitars from shifting forward, imo.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I was told that all Charvel Custom Shop orders come with a G&G Case now.

[/ QUOTE ]
                        It was an option on mine... Ordered a KV 7 string with a G&G case... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] now I'm pondering my choice of cases...(???)
                        Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Damn... That's a problem to say the least... Thanks for the infos.

Comment

If we make all of the G&G cases form fitted, then that should (hopefully) eliminate the need for an upcharge, since it will be the norm.

We recently made the cases deeper, but I was not happy with the fit of the current San Dimas cases.

With B McD back on board, I'll be getting to more and more of these little, yet important, details.

Please note that as we improve the cases, these will be "running changes", which means we make the switch as we run out of the current inventory. In the meantime, if you order a Custom Shop guitar and want a G&G Form Fitted case, be sure to note it on the quote form at the appropriate upcharge.

Comment

Great news, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X