The OFFICIAL Word on the Y2KV and Dave Mustaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The OFFICIAL Word on the Y2KV and Dave Mustaine

Have you noticed that the Y2KV prices have swelled considerably on eBay since the line was canceled.

Re: The OFFICIAL Word on the Y2KV and Dave Mustaine

Well at least it seems like Fender tried to do the best they could for the people who had instruments on order. That's a sign that they really might do well with Jackson. Of course, if I had a Y2KV on order, it would be little consolation for me.

Comment

I wish I could tell you more about what I was told, but that letter is all I am allowed to disclose. What the hell Dave's problem is, I haven't a clue. I was told the details of the deal he was offered, and for a musician in retirement, that was a SWEET deal.

Editorial: I have never ageed with Dave and his politics. He had that BS about how every second a species of lifeform becomes Extinct and the rate is excelrating. First off, 65 million years ago, more than 2/3rds of all life on this planet was wiped out. How humans can be responsible for the rate of extinction increasing is beyond me, but Dave basicly projects himself as a very outspoken Liberal, so he probably looks at Fender as an "Evil" corporation like most left wing Liberals would look at any corporation.

Matt

Comment

Right, Matt, I think he's upset with the idea of Fender taking the reigns now. With AMIC he was at least comfortable with the proposition that his trademarked guitar was in production. But knowing that Fender was now the boss, maybe it put him off. What kills me over and over again is that the original King V was not the "Mustaine" guitar. It was the Robbin Crosby guitar. Back in 1984 when the King himself was thrashing, Mustaine was playing BC Rich and other assorted crap. He didn't even get turned onto Jackson until the mid 90's, but Crosby was there from the beginning. No one ever gave the King his due credit, even up to his own death during the JCF '02 crap.
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

F@@K Dave Mustaine. My guess it's all about money.
          www.kiddhavok.com
          www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

I like Megadeth's music, but as a guitarist Dave has always been the second best in Megadeth, whoever was playng lead. I personally wouldn't care about having his sig guitar in the first place.

If I WERE a Mustaine guitar-head, and HAD wanted a Y2KV, the fact he made them stop production and cancel existing orders would prod me to a Mustaine-like outlook: "F**k ME? NO! F**k YOU, Dave!" I wouldn't want the thing anyway at that point. Get a King V instead.

[ February 21, 2003, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: lerxstcat ]
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

It never ceases to amaze me how fast backs turn around this place.

Comment

sweet deal for a musician in retirement maybe, how does it compare to his previous deal? from what the public is told Dave seems to be difficult at times. i hear where he's coming from though, there are things i will not do for my own reasons. just a guess, i'd bet there were stipulations he could/would not agree to and neither side was going to budge.
                1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

I liked Dave before, I still like Dave, who cares about his buisness deals? He's a cool dude and he's a good player.

Comment

Didn't like him before, don't like him now. I have met him a couple of times in a couple of different settings and he was always a dick.
                    www.kiddhavok.com
                    www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Jeez, you'd think that Jackson could just take Dave's sig off the guitar and keep on making it under a different name. After all, it basically looks like a Gibson V, doesn't it?

That's what Gibson did with the SG/Les Paul in 1962 when Les withdrew the use of his name...

Comment

i met him once during the "risk" tour. i was telling marty how great i thought he was and dave heard me and got cocky and said: "hey dude, you going to the show tonight?" at that point i had to speak my mind. i took a step back and said "i don't know, DAVE. it depends on how many old songs your going to play." well his lip went into mustaine mode and looked down and nudged marty and said: "says he's a fan but doesn't even know if he's going to show or not." (in pure mustaine attitude) so i said: "sorry, DAVE. i just don't like the new stuff." he finished signing my rust in piece cover and handing it back to me said: "well fine then, don't come." i grabbed the tape booklet out of his hand and said: "thanks, i won't!" and turned and walked away. as i was walking out of the door i yelled "speed metal symphony!"

i'm not surprized about dave pulling out. but if i was him i'd of stayed just for the sig royalties. hell, megadeth money will dry up one day. cause one day they will all be out of print. he could pass his guitar royalties over to his kids when he goes. you know.
                        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear:
                          Editorial: I have never ageed with Dave and his politics. He had that BS about how every second a species of lifeform becomes Extinct and the rate is excelrating. First off, 65 million years ago, more than 2/3rds of all life on this planet was wiped out. How humans can be responsible for the rate of extinction increasing is beyond me, but Dave basicly projects himself as a very outspoken Liberal, so he probably looks at Fender as an "Evil" corporation like most left wing Liberals would look at any corporation.

Matt
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't want to turn this into a debate but if you honestly think that humans are not responsible for the decline of specific kinds of animals then you are seriously misinformed on the subject. This is not a matter of politics, of liberal versus conservative, this is a matter of facts. Do you not think there is a coincidence, for example, between a surplus of ivory and a decline in the elephant population? Animals are hunted for their goods, plain and simple. The Bison population of the Great Plains has been nearly decimated due to hunting, and even the bald eagle, practically the symbol of America was nearly wiped out. Millions of square miles of forest have been cut down worldwide; forests that are habitats for a huge variety of life. To say that we are not eliminating species of animals is just incorrect.

I'm not debating tha merits of humanity's actions: you could argue it's our right to cut down trees and kill animals - that's fine, that's your opinion. But to say humanity is not to blame for the extinction of species is not opinion, it contradicts fact, and is therefore erroneous. You can disagree with Dave's politics, as it's clear that I disagree with your's, but I just don't like to see misinformation disseminated.

[img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Comment

Harsh. He is just a guy with some serious personal issues to overcome. If he doesn't want his name on it, so be it. Life goes on. It sounds like he just doesn't want to be a musician anymore and is trying to distance his self from his past of bangin' dope everyday. It's understandable and if he needs to do it to survive emotionally and go on, then whatever.His heart ain't in it anymore. What drove him to write angry megadeth music, no longer dwells within him. I thought it was an fugly guitar anyway.

I agree with the Robbin Crosby sentiments. He definately was the King of Jackson guitars. Its sad Jackson never did anything to show him appreciation while he was alive. He is one of the first guys I ever remember sporting so many cool Jacksons.

Comment

Look at it from this perspective. The company that you have been doing business with for the better part of a decade gets sold. Suddenly, all of the friends you had in the company are gone. The guy you'd been calling whenever you wanted some new guitars isn't there anymore. You don't know anyone in the company, and you're not even sure they really like you at the new company. Would you want them putting out a guitar with your name on it? Saying he should keep his name on the guitar just to get royalties is f*cking stupid. They don't add up to that much. Mustaine strikes me as a lot of things, but stupid with money isn't one of them. Then again, I could be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X