Info on Warriors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on Warriors?

Hey guys, sorry for asking such a newbie question, but can someone give someone information about the Jackson Warriors? I read a brief history about them somwhere and all i know that they were originally made in the early 90's with the slanted picksup, then were stopped and now they have the new JS30WR, WRMG, WRXT, and the WR1 models. And thats all i know about them...
    are the slanted-pickup-type really rare or something? because i have never seen any for sale. And besides the obvious neck and pickup differences, what has changed? and is there any other interesting information about them?
    [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    -Thanks!

Re: Info on Warriors?

the 90's ("pro") warriors have bigger bevels, a cut-slanted neck with single coil pickup, and possibly an official floyd rose trem. they might have a scalloped heel at the neckjoin too but i'm not sure. they're only obtainable 2nd hand and not in production anymore.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

The Warrior was designed by Jackson R&D guy Mikey Wright and was a flop. Mikey was let go because of that and a few other things shortly thereafter.
      The original USA and Japanese-made Professinoal Series Warriors were 24 3/4" scale, featured Schaller-made tremolos, 3 slanted Armstrong rails single-coil-sized humbucker pickups with the Jackson JE1500 mid-sweep circuit and Jackson Special 5-way switch, ebony fretboards with MOP fins, scalloped neck heels, bound necks and heads, and were made only in 1990 and 91.

There were so many Custom Shop Warriors made since that time that Jackson decided to bring them back into production as the WR-1 we know and love today, with the major differences being the 25 1/2" scale length, dual humbuckers, no internal circuit board, and 3-way toggle pickup selector.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

it was flop? what was wrong? i recently saw one on ebay but couldn't afford it.. besides, it had cosmetic damage.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

No one wanted it.

Or rather, not enough people wanted it to justify keeping it as a production model. I don't know how many were made/sold.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Shows how the market changes [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for the info guys!

Comment

Working...
              X