Will this gotoh fit my soloist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this gotoh fit my soloist?

Hi, I have a soloist pro with the licensed floyd rose that says 'Jackson' on it. I'm looking at this item

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...AMEBI%3AIT&rd=1

will it fit?

regards

john

Re: Will this gotoh fit my soloist?

Dont waste your money on that junk, its no better than the licenced Jackson one. If your going to upgrade, go Origional Floyd Rose.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

i'm not upgrading as such, I'm sorry i should've made that clear. I'm just looking to move sideways because the current trem has been on there for about 10 years and is very, very worn. It's literally held together with superglue in some places. The trem will be blocked anyway, and my reason for getting a new one is so that I can actually adjust the intonation without bits falling off etc.

So do you think it'll be the same kinda dimensions as the Jackson Schaller that's on there?

thanks for the reply
      john

Comment

if you don't upgrade then get the exact same model. you can order it from FMIC through any one of their dealers. and i'm sure folks around here can tell you exactly what model trem is on there now and what is compatible with it as an upgrade.
        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

you might want to consider getting a nicer one anyway...better materials=better sound.

Comment

Wow... I'm getting this "Bros don't let bros buy Gotohs" vibe from this thread.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Occupy JCF

Comment

LMAO! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

okay guys thanks for the input, and i'm getting that vibe good and strong Tekky [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

as you might me able to see, I've actually won the item. I was going to cancel my bid but it seems to me that it's pretty good value - Gotoh Floyds retail at $190 on the US guitar part sites. £46 seems pretty good value for a new one...

am I right or am I missing something?

Comment

It'll probably work fine for what you want.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    okay guys thanks for the input, and i'm getting that vibe good and strong Tekky [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

as you might me able to see, I've actually won the item. I was going to cancel my bid but it seems to me that it's pretty good value - Gotoh Floyds retail at $190 on the US guitar part sites. £46 seems pretty good value for a new one...

am I right or am I missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Real Floyds retail for $160-180 in the US... not sure what sites your checking, but most knockoff floyd kits are right around $100.

Regardless, the trem you just bought should work no problem, just dont expect it to be any better than the one youre replacing.

Comment

okay great, thanks everyone [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I´ve actually never tried a Gotoh Floyd, but I was under the impression they make pretty decent stuff? But I guess there´s a reason why virtually noone uses, or has used, them as stock hardware. At least to the best of my knowledge.

Comment

I've heard some people give the Gotoh Floyd pretty good verdicts, but that also goes for the horrible TRS trems, so I wouldn't be able to tell without trying one out myself. And when it comes to buying such expensive parts, I'd rather go for something that I know for sure will be good (i.e. OFR or Schaller).

Comment

I've never had a Gotoh FLoyd, but I've had Gotoh parts before including a T.O.M that is a really well made bridge.
                            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I´ve played a couple of guitars with Gotoh FR (like the EBMM EVH) and I think it's pretty damn sweet. It doesn´t feel quite as solid as an OFR but it´s still way better than them crappy TRS trems.

Comment

Working...
                              X