Charvel neck work on fender body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel neck work on fender body?

Hi. I have a fender strat copy body and I was thinking of using a Charvel neck. The body has a standard Fender neck pocket and standard Fender spacing for the 4 screws to attach the neck. If I buy a Charvel neck on ebay, will the 4 screw holes on the Charvel line up with the holes in the standard body?
    Thanks

Re: Charvel neck work on fender body?

buy a warmoth and be done with it. that I know will fit with no issues

Comment

check the top 2 topics in the Tech Q&A section

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...t=0&Board=UBB7

Comment

If the holes don't line up, no biggie. Get 3/16 diameter hardwood dowel stock at a hobby shop and some wood glue. Check the depth of the existing neck holes, and put some tape on a 3/16 drillbit to mark the depth. Drill the neck holes out with the bit, being careful to not go beyond the depth that is already there. Then, coat the end of the dowl stock with some wood glue, and insert into the neck hole all the way. Cut off the dowel with a razor blade, and repeat for the remaining 3 holes. After the glue is dry, take some 180 grit sandpaper and sand the dowl ends down flush. Now you can align the neck on the body and pilot drill through the existing body holes into the neck.
        -Jon G

Comment

The body most likely has a 2 3/16" pocket & the Charvel neck will have a 2 1/4" heel.

Comment

if the body's pocket is 2 3/16, then a 2 1/4 neck heel will be too wide by a 16th of an inch.

as far as the screw hole patterns go, it's probably close enough for it to fit. there are some import charvel necks that have a 2 3/16 heel, so if you find one, ask the guy to measure it before you bid.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

The Charvel model series necks slip right in though, no problem at all.
              Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

That dowel trick is the greatest thing in the world. Great way to transplant necks! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                Also, if the neck is to wide for the strat copy body.. I don't think that it would be the hardest thing in the world to widen the pocket slightly. That is assuming you have a relatively steady hand, and variable speed dremel. More difficult surgery is done all the time.

slevy007

Comment

Hell, even going in there gently with a file.. you could make it fit. Just check and recheck a million times.

slevy007

Comment

Working...
                  X