Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much did your custom guitar set you back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much did your custom guitar set you back?

Just wondering if custom shop would be a good way to go. I've been thinking about getting a USA Jackson, but there are of course a few things here and there that I would change if I could. How much more am I looking at spending to have a great guitar set up exactly how I want?

If you would be so kind, would you mind posting what you had done to your guitar (a pic of the guitar itself would be cool) and how much it cost you?

Also, what factors and options bump the price up more?

Here's kinda what I was thinking about (except with Lightning sky graphic)

Some of the more unobvious features:
    -Ebony fretboard
    -bound fretboard and headstock
    -Again, Lightning Sky graphic (couldn't find a decent picture to load on the graphic)
    -Dark red Jackson Logo

Re: How much did your custom guitar set you back?

Did you fill out the Custom Shop quote form? That will give you a general idea of the price minus a grand or so I think.

I'm still waiting for a CS quote myself.
    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

If you spec out the guitar you want on the Jackson CS form, and then take 35% off the price, that'll give you an idea. From what I've seen, neck-thrus seem to start at around $2500.
      Obviously a basic guitar (no inlays, no binding, string thru, solid colour) will be alot cheaper than something which has alot of flash (figured woods, advanced graphics etc)
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

It is against JCF policy to post the price of a Custom Shop order, as well as any other dealer prices for new stock.

It's also against JCF policy to ask people to post those prices.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I just can't stay out of trouble can I? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
          Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

lightning sky with dark red logo? that doesnt sound like it would match well at all.

Comment

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Best thing to do is fill out the price genrator form on the Jackson site and email it over to me for your actual price.

Matt [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Matt's Music Center
                35 Pleasant St
                Weymouth MA 02190 USA
                781-335-0700
                www.mattsmusic.com
                [email protected]
                Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Then once you pay your money, be prepared to wait. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                  That seems like the hardest part.
                  Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Man, this thread has me jonesing for my 1 hum soloist!! Go Jackson Go [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      It is against JCF policy to post the price of a Custom Shop order, as well as any other dealer prices for new stock.

It's also against JCF policy to ask people to post those prices.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh woops, sorry admins. Did not know that.

I could have sworn I posted the estimated price on that axe. Maybe that's why I can't find it!

[ QUOTE ]
                      lightning sky with dark red logo? that doesnt sound like it would match well at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got thinking about it too, and you're right. If the guitar was just black it would look awesome, perhaps with matching binding or bevels. I kept it on because it looked cool with the black, but it does contrast with the blues from the lightning sky graphic.

Comment

Working...
                      X