No announcement yet.

Calling all JCFers from London England!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all JCFers from London England!

I decided today that I'm going to go to Europe and visit my Grandmother, probably for the last time.

I'm flying to Heathrow and renting a car, and then after a few days in the London area, I will be driving to Switerland to visit my grandmother.

So, I'll have like 3 days in London and I need to know what the best guitar stores are to visit, and maybe some other points of interest and perhaps what the best true English Pub would be...

Addresses would be a bonus...

Thanks!

Trevor

Re: Calling all JCFers from London England!

London's a big place, so recomending one pub is kinda difficult!

Denmark street is probably worth a visit, if you can deal with the attitude! If you get off the Tube at Tottenham Court Road and walk south down Charing Cross Road, Denmark St (or 'Tin Pan Alley') is on your left. It's just north of the red target on this map:

http://www.sohosoundhouse.com/soho/info.jsp
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Yeah Denmark street is the place to go to in London. You'll find some quite rare guitars down there as well as Vintage Fenders and Gibsons. Though if you're just browsing and just want to see what a guitar plays like, ignore the attitude of the shop assistants. They can be real arseholes. There are some shops there that have really nice people in them. Especially Andy's at the end of the street. They're very helpful and would gladly help with anything.
      93 USA Soloist EDS
      USA HT6 Juggernaut
      Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
        X