Randy's old acoustic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randy's old acoustic

Check this out....A friend of mine acquired an old acoustic guitar that was said to belong to Randy Rhoads. It has his signature on the first fret written in nail polish along with other doodlings on the guitar. He also has RR written on the rear of the neck. It's a junky OLD acoustic but I think it's authentic. Do any of you guys have a scan or copy of his signature ? I need to check for him. He's not interested in selling, for thos e of you interested. I'll get a pic as soon as I can.

Thanks.

Re: Randy\'s old acoustic

i'll look around and see what i can find. i'd say it's highly unlikely that it's legit; i'd imagine that mrs rhoads has all that stuff still. i know that he started on his grandfather's old gibson acoustic and i've seen some pix of him in the studio with one when he was in QR, but that's pretty much it (other than the classical gutiar).

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Sounds like a fan of Randy's got carried away on an old junker. I can't imagine someone like Randy scribbling on a guitar.

The only way I'd believe it's real is for his mom say so. In all my years as a fan and collector I've only heard of a couple of his guitars going to the hands of other people and one of those was only borrowed by Ozzy to do the Crazy Train video.
      Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

there's a pic of him at home with one. he was wearing a pink kind of shirt and blue pants-lol
        it was in all the guitar magsback in the days of the mighty
        gunslingers.
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Post a PIC of it.

Comment

Working...
          X