Charvel something or another

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel something or another

My friend has this Charvel, but I'm not sure what it is. I'm pretty sure it's a Mod series though. I have no pics, so I'll describe it as best as I can. First of all, it looks like my Mod 6, difference is, it is a darker blue, it has a Kahler system on it, it is a bolt on, it has dots instead of the sharkfin inlays and it also has the 3 small selector switches, like my Mod 6 has. The 'Charvel' on the headstock is not toothpaste, but the same as my Mod 6.

Not a dire situation to know, but I'd like to. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Thanks
    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Re: Charvel something or another

It's a Model 4 from 1986.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

It sounds like a Model 4. They came with Kahlers and dot inlays in 1986. I don't think any of the bolt-on model series Charvels had the dinky body like the Model 6 though - they were full size strats for the most part (except Model 7 that had a Tele body. Not sure about Model 8).

Comment

Most likely a Mod 4. But if the logo is gold instead of white, possibly a San Dimas (USA). Kahlers, HSS, etc. were not uncommon.

Comment

For reference, here is a thread with a 1986 Model 4:
          http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...&page=0#625486
          =)

Comment

Man,..............that was quick. Thanks Tekky, Sheddermon and Sunbane.

By the way Tekky, I like that avatar. The guy that owns this guitar has a big picture of the monkey that he sticks on his JCM 800. We got him the t-shirt for Christmas. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Thanks. I'm a big Evil Monkey fan. I've got one shirt, but I don't know where it is. I might have one made soon.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

yeah the evil monkey is a dude - i especially liked the episode where he finishes scaring chris then goes off to chill out with some weed [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I have the evil monkey keychain hanging from the rear view in my car.

Comment

Working...
                  X