My turn for a family photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My turn for a family photo

Well, since there's been a trend lately of people putting up pictures of their gear, I thought I might do the same. I've been thinking of unloading 2 or 3 to fund something else. So I thought this was as good a time as any.

Concerning the picture itself, my house has horrible lighting. The pic with the flash sucked, and the one without sucked even more. One of these days I'll learn to set up a good pic. Until then, enjoy the crappy pics. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

1st row: USA Wolgang Special FM, USA Hamer Californian Standard, USA Hamer Special FM, USA Hamer Mirage I, USA Hamer Artist Korina HB
    2nd row: Charvel 750xl X's 3, Charvel 650xl, USA Jackson JJP
    Top Center: Homemade maple neck thru Korina V

Re: My turn for a family photo

Awesome. Just awesome. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice collection. Thanks for sharing [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Sweet lookin

Comment

That's a really nice collection. How do those Hamers play compared to the Jacksons?

Comment

That's a really nice collection. Those Hamers look really nice.
            http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

The Hamer Californian plays every bit as good as a USA Jackson. It is one mean shredder. The other Hamers are extremely nice, very high quality. They just feel different, more vintage. Hamers are the only brand of guitar I can pick up any model from any year and be instantly comfortable with the neck. At least the ones that I've had the pleasure of playing.

Comment

Great Hamers. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I think the second pic is nicer. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Here's an enhanced version that's color balanced and looks like it was taken during the afternoon. It looks a little more natural and pleasing to look at compared to the flash version. Feel free to save it and use it. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice job as usual, Alex.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks. I had messed around with photoshop a little bit. But none of the enhancements really preserved the color/finish of the guitars. The enhanced version tends to wash out the flame tops.

Comment

I love those Hamers, I have a Steve Stevens great guitars.
                      Just one more guitar!

Comment

Thanks Ron. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] You bring up an EXCELLENT point, Travis. This topic has been an inspiration for me to undertake a HUGE JCF project here:

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...916#Post620916

The point you bring up (washing out beautiful transparent finishes) will be tackled and discussed. For showing off your trans tops, I agree that the flash picture is infinitely better. You really see the grain in the woods. Flash is a tricky beast... it has a way of simultaneously bringing out the best and worst in guitars, more than often the WORST is accentuated due to harsh flash glare and totally unnatural uneven lighting.

Comment

Nice group shot. Love the silver sparkle 650xl - I almost picked up one like that a couple years ago.

Comment

<font color="aqua">that's a great pic, my friend, love the Hamers - [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
                            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Nice family!!

Comment

Working...
                              X