Who else prefers Floyds??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who else prefers Floyds??

doesnt matter to me. floyd, vintage trem, string thru, whatever. they have their pros and cons about them, all of them are unique, and fun to play with. i dont have to have anything, i can adjust to each. I have a few floyded guitars, used to have a vintage trem guitar, and i have a couple string thru's. the string thru's reign supreme sustain and tone-wise, but the floyds are wacky and wild. gotta have em both

Comment

Floyd is better. Once it's in tune, it stays there. Plus, I like being able to use the bar for those long, slow divebombs. Ironically, my main guitar is a hardtail. Ha!

Comment

I totally dig floyds. I love the way they feel in terms of bends and hand placement in order to play them. I can't really stand a hard tail anymore.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I have realized that I prefer my Floyed guitars over my RR5 (the only one w/o one). I hardly ever play it now. I don't mind the hassel of changing strings (guess I'm used to it) and just prefer them in general. Oh, and they are all recessed...
          anyone else?? [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you on this. I prefer to have floyds on my guitars. Though I do have a couple with Wilkinsons and a couple with v-trems.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

My 1st guitar was a Charvel 475 and the Floyd is permanently incorporated into my playing. I can do what I have to do on a non Floyd guitar but it takes effort to not grab for the "virtual" bar. I don’t even look at non-Floyd guitars when buying.

For the past couple of years I have been interested in the Steinberger Trans Trem. You can lock it into 6 different positions (B, C, D, E, F# + G) It can float from F to Eb. Double Ball strings for super easy string changes. Bending up and down while the strings stay in relative tune. The feel is more Kahler like since it uses bearings instead of the knife edge like Floyds. The big issue is price and the fact that you can’t just slap it on any old guitar.

Listen to EVH using it on Summer Nights + Get Up from 5150, Fire in the Hole from III and my favorite Trans Trem EVH tunes Can't Get This Stuff No More and Me Wise Magic from the 1st best of CD.

Comment

they're cool, but I got really tired of wrestling with it to get it perfect.

It's a lot of work. I sold my floyd guitar and bought a fixed bridge, I'm really enjoying it.

I'll get another floyd, but I need a fixed bridge guitar to play when I get fed up with the floyd [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

i prefer floyds by far - can't palm mute on most les paul's like i could on the floyd - more a feel thing for me - i'm not particularly speaking about playing abilities.

Comment

I prefer Floyds by far. As long as they are recessed though. Oftentimes, it makes for a lower action and is less "in the way."
                  Also, guitar don't look complete to me without a floyd. Dont know why... liek something is missing [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

slevy007

Comment

I like Floyds too. I never had any problems when changing strings. Guitars with Floyd Roses look better than with hardtail or vintage, much better actually!

Comment

Working...
                    X