slsmg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slsmg?

I have yet to see a tremolo on a SLSMG yet! Do they exsist? They look like fun guitars as well, but I see a lot them for sale! Anybody play/own any?

Re: slsmg?

The body is apparently too thin to support a tremolo.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
      I think that is the reason. Both US SLSs and SLSMGs come with string-thru bridges.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
        I think that is the reason. Both US SLSs and SLSMGs come with string-thru bridges.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt it:

Same thickness as the SLS, because it IS an SLS. Recessed Schaller with a 32mm block.

Even if there were slight thickness differences between the SLS/MG and the NASL, the block can be ground down to whatever it needs to be to keep it from protruding.

I think they were just keeping up with the "No Floyds" mindset for the SLSMG.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

That could be true, but that guitar is not SLS nor the same thickness. It isn't even the same shape.

Comment

Same as the 97 USA I used to have:

I think what you're going by is the edge thickness, which admittedly is not the same as the tapered edge of the SLS, but the centers (where the trem would go) are the same thickness.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I stand corrected, I did go by the edges.

Comment

What are the differences between the slsmg, and the sls?? Same shape?

Comment

Quality.

sls is MIA, and slsmg is MIJ.

Comment

The bridge. SLS has a Tele-type while SLSMG has a TOM-style. That is the main difference. SLS also has block cat's eye inlays while SLSMG has piranhas. I can't remember anything else off the top of my head.

Comment

There is a SLS with a floyd on the Drumcity Guitarland web site.
                      RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
                      CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
                      Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
                      Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Working...
                      X