New 2003 Jackson Colors & Graphics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 2003 Jackson Colors & Graphics?

OK, so I'm finally looking through the new 2003 price list. Looking at the USAs and I think "ho hum" to myself, as there are no new models & no new finishes listed for `em. But then I get to the "color codes" pages, and there's lots of new colors & graphics that are either completely new or haven't been offered on J/Cs in a long, long time. Some examples:

Cobolt Blue Swirl
    Copperhead Snakeskin
    Los Angeles Blue
    Nebula
    Raspberry Burst
    Retro Green
    Retro Red
    Silver Swirl
    Silver/Black Dragon
    Tangerine
    Transparent Purple
    Graveyard
    Holoflake
    Red Rum (!!!)
    Special Run ???

So what gives? With the exception of one or two being offered on imports, these don't appear as options under ANY model listed.

Are these custom shop only? That would seem strange, as there are a ton of custom shop finishes that AREN'T being shown???

Are they new for 2003, but just didn't make the listing under the models yet?

Are they only going to be offered after the new stuff appears at Summer NAMM (...USA Charvels)?

Re: New 2003 Jackson Colors & Graphics?

Don't really now, but that Graveyard finish, i'd like to find out how it looks. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    Facebook - Youtube

Comment

I'm very curious about the cobalt blue swirl, Nebula, silver swirl, trans purple, and holo flake finishes.

Comment

Jeeze. Alot of those finishes sound very intrigueing.

Comment

silver/black dragon and holoflake.. hmmm.. wonder what those'll look like.

Comment

mmmmm copperhead snakeskin! I wanna see that
            Hail yesterday

Comment

I think the copperhead snakeskin was briefly shown on the Jackson web site. It was in the pic of the SL1 accompanying the "win a free Soloist" contest. The link is currently dead, though. And they were giving away a BGF SL1, anyway. It was a pretty sweet looking brown/orange-ish snakeskin, though. Very cool.

Can anyone "in the know" comment on these new finishes? i.e., What models they'll be available on and when? In my best Ferris Beuller voice: "...Anyone? ...Anyone?"

Comment

Go to the rarely updated Jackson website and they have a couple shown, including the Cobalt blue swirl. They also have the new flame inlays, cool, but just seems wrong to deviate from the traditional Jackson sharkfins as a regular option. That kind of stuff should be reserved for the custom shop.

Comment

This is probably a case of not paying attention, but when did they drop the Y2KV? It's not listed as USA Select or under Artist Sig Series (which is where I thought they had it listed a month ago).

Comment

Go to the rarely updated Jackson website and they have a couple shown, including the Cobalt blue swirl. They also have the new flame inlays
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Where did you see the flame inlays? I didn't see them. I would love to have flame inlays on a soloist. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: New 2003 Jackson Colors &amp; Graphics?

Cobolt Blue Swirl - see the "rarely updated" website
                      Los Angeles Blue - as seen on the Speedloader Soloist at NAMM
                      Raspberry Burst - as seen on the TSO tour
                      Holoflake - the Anti-Gravity bass at NAMM
                      Red Rum - Phil Collen's PC1 Custom

Hope that helps.

McD
                      \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Here: http://www.jacksonguitars.com/whatsh..._features.html

The flames are fingerboard inlays, not a body graphic. Look at the black Soloist.

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Thanks McD! So, with the exception of some import models (as shown on the J/C website pics), most of the rest are basically custom shop only. Not available on USA Selects? ...I mean other than the new "swirl" graphics, which are.

(BTW: Unbelieveable that those flame inlays aren't cost prohibitive on an import. Killer work!)

Comment

The Flame inlays are really welcome. They look too bright though, but maybe is just the picture. The kelly looks killer with the Crimson Swirl... [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                              Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Working...
                              X