Fess Up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fess Up...

Now, who here has obtained a cool C/J and bragged about it with pictures and a review claiming to never part with it AND THEN, a short time later end up selling it?! You know what I'm saying, you get that "last one, I swear" and fall in love with it. Tone is to die for, paint is immaculate, and playability is the best you've ever had. You swear it's your #1, the only guitar you would never part with. But then, something comes up (legit or not!) and you attempt to sell it off. So, what was it that you were so in love with and then dropped like a hot poker? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Re: Fess Up...

<font color="yellow">My Shannon Soloist in Black...thought it was my "dream axe" for Soloists...only to find after owning 3 Soloists (Shannon, 87 Custom reverse headstock, and a 98 SL-1 in a killer amberburst)...that, honestly, Soloist's just aren't my bag.

I discovered that I'm a Strat dude....and Les Paul's....then discovered Charvel's...and, well, it's been a long strange trip [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm down to my last USA Jackson, my 87 Custom Dinky w/matching headstock which I restored.

Now, the Charvel's are the majority and another Custom Shop on the way very soon [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

</font>

Comment

Hmmm. Had a few of those... Gibby's... Jacksons... Charvels.... Kramers.... Esp's... Fenders.... The liust goes on and on. lol. I have kept quite a few though and some of the ones I got rid of I did have for a while (A year or more) and miss them... Oh well. When your an addict you are always looking for the next fix right?

Add on/edit
      Oh yeah.... Hey Joe, I still have that Red ESP Phoenix/Firebird I grabbed from you though.... I had to have that and I still do! lol. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

I always wanted a Rhoads (got a Stars a cple months ago) and I thought it was too awsome to ever let go, but due to personal reasons, and I realized I'm more of a 22 fret player, I let her go. But some dude in FL is enjoying her now. Think I'm going the Dean route next, but it changes all the time

Comment

I bought an original model Brian Moore MC1, and when I first got it, I genuinely thought I could sell off all my other guitars and just get more MC1s - the novelty wore off pretty fast though, and it got traded.....

In a way, I love it when a new guitar makes you feel like you won't ever need any others, as it means it was worth dropping the cash, but some guitars just have that initial first impression, with nothing much to back it up....like some women really [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Meh. People change. Opinions change. It's as simple as that.

Also, some of us are total f**kwiditches when it comes to gear. We rave about it, but only so long as until the next "great" thing comes along. Nothing wrong with that, either, I suppose. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I've sold some things I thought I never would due to financial problems (we all have I'm sure), but my Charvel 375DLX was an awesome guitar, and I swore I would NEVER part with that one...then along came a super cheap DK2, and the other guitarist in our band offered me enough for the Charvel (which he always wanted) to get the DK2. I said SOLD in about 2 seconds [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] At least I get to see the Charvel at band practice sometimes [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] It's just the way people are...

Comment

I should have kept the AT-1T. It was heavy and that was my excuse. It wasn't that frikkin heavy. I should have kept it.

Comment

i let go of my blue stripe boogie mark III.
                  why was i so stupid?
                  Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    So, what was it that you were so in love with and then dropped like a hot poker? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                    My ex-wife! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

My favorite Jackson model is the Concept JDX-94, of which I have three, each modded to some extreme or another. I used to have another JDX, which I traded in on a whim to get a NOS AT-2T Pro. Loved the clean tone of the AT-2T and forked over some cash for custom abalone inlays. After an on-again/off-again relationship, I decided I just didn't dig TOM bridges. Another guitar (can't remember which) showed up and I sold the AT-2T to my band's drummer. Regret both the JDX trade-in and the AT-2T sale, but such is life.

The one that really stung was the 2001 KV2 in trans blue that I bought from GuitarXpress. I had a deposit down on Chlorine #3 of Lloyd's SL2GX run, but had meanwhile decided that I'd hate the TOM, so I applied my deposit to the KV2. Beautiful guitar, but "try before you buy" never applied more than with the KV2, because I *loathed* the speed neck and smaller frets. I ended up working out a deal with Sambencuda, with him getting the KV2 and me landing his SL2. I have since established that I'm really more comfortable with the Dinky/Soloist feel than anything else..Pauls, Explorers, Vs...they just don't work for me.
                      sigpic

Comment

played bc rich imports and swore by them for years. then the speedloader came along... now i won't touch bcr with a 10ft barge poll. the only guitar i have now is a jackson WRMG which i love for its looks and sustain (turbocharger is a need rather than a bonus). if i ever manage to save up, i'll lose this once i get a wr1. we humans are so materialistic and greedy that nothing is ever satisfactory.
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Regarding amps... without a doubt, selling my Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Tremoverb diamond plate head in the matching diamond plate road case was a stellar stupid move.

Comment

*cries* my ESP custom blue Sparkle Eclipse...i went through a lot earlier in the year, and decided to change to something different...i'll always miss that damned thing.

Comment

The guitars I have traded or sold on this forum or ebay were guitars that I never said, "this is the one". I have a really hard time deciding to sell something. There is a guitar in the classifieds I want in the worst way. I just can't bring myself to sell something in order to buy it though.
                              Scott
                              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X