Jackson search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson search

I haven't posted in probably 2 or 3 years.You guys helped me out when I was going to Syracuse to get a '85 RR1 from the old banner sponser.Here's a link to my gear site,it might ring a bell for some of the old timers here.
    My Gear
    Anyway,what I'm planning on is,around the beginning of the new year(give or take)to score a Y2KV in either flag or natural finish.I'd also like to check out one of the aluminum Roswells but they seem to be non existant now.Actually,so do the Y2KV's.Where did they all go in the last 5 or so years?
    My question is,other than Ed,where might I find some of these?I'm a subscriber to Vintage Guitar Mag,check Gbase and ebay and do searches all the time but there really isn't anything out there anymore.Is this going to be a little harder than I expected?
    Thanks in advance,....Chris
    My Gear

Re: Jackson search

Welcome back!

The guitars you're looking for do appear on eBay from time to time. Obviously the Roswells are pretty exclusive, and because of the FMIC Gibson shapes 'embargo' and Mustaine moving to ESP, the Y2KV is no more, and so while more common than the Roswell, they're not readily available either!
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I guess the chase should be fun in itself.I've seen several Y2K's but all in black.I know where there's one with flames I might settle for if I have to.
      I've seen a few of the chlorine Roswells,something I didn't expect to see.Very nice.I supose I should check into what my other Roswell options are too.A lot has changed since I stopped keeping track of Jackson.
      My Gear

Comment

Wow, isnt that funny, i was just thinking that the chances of one coming up were slim. Just saw this on the bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/JACKSON-guitar-FLYIN...1QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Well, 1 guy shilled it up to $1500 already. Good luck on it.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I saw that last night,I couldn't believe it.I can't pull it off right now though.That's why I was looking to score around Jan-Feb.I'm going to see what I can do though.I hate when this happens...
            My Gear

Comment

Working...
            X