Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Professional?

Hi there,

Does anyone know of this model and if it's USA made? What are they worth?

Re: Jackson Professional?

Professional = Japanese

On par with the quality of it's Made in USA brother.

Comment

Agreed. Nice one.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I dont know the exact model but that is a nice one with the ebony fretboard, emg's, and pearloid Jackson logo. Looks like a schaller trem too. Very nice finish on that one. I would say that its at the upper value level for Jackson Professionals unless the buyer hates burst finishes. Thats a nice axe. Is it yours? Or are you considering buying it?

Comment

It looks like a 90-91 Fusion Pro.Measure the scale length and see if it 24.75 , if so it is a Fusion.The pickups are not stock.They came with J200 and a J50 and the JE1000 electronics.Check the tech section and the 2003 electronic manual for more.They are very well built guitars comparable to the USAs.
          Mike
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Interesting. I know there is a stealth professional model (xl?) that has all the same features as this including the emg's. I remember I almost bought one off ebay and did a bunch of research on it. I know this isnt a stealth but it seems to be of the same era and has all the same options. Hmm, off to check HC. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I always wondered why my DR3R said Professional... so your saying that made in Japan quality is comparable to USA made ones?
              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Interesting. I know there is a stealth professional model (xl?) that has all the same features as this

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW, XLs would have a rosewood board.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I always wondered why my DR3R said Professional... so your saying that made in Japan quality is comparable to USA made ones?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only the 1990-94 models were, and they are easily identified by their serialization:
                  Neckthrough: J0xxxxx for 1990, J1xxxxx for 1991, etc - J followed by 6 numbers in each case
                  Bolt on: 6 numbers on the plate that start with 0, 1, 2, 3, or 4 to indicate the year.

Sometime in 1994 Jackson realized the Professionals were outselling the USAs, and those models were "dumbed down" to a slightly lesser-grade, including rosewood boards instead of ebony and painted logos instead of Mother Of Pearl, and lost the active circuits as well.
                  For the most part they kept the Schaller-styled trem made by Takeuchi, and eventually the MOP inlays were replaced with MOTO and Pearloid.
                  This was about the time of the XL model designation (Soloist XL, etc).
                  Even so, those models up until 1998 (IIRC) were on par with the mid-late 80's Charvel Model models.

They settled on what is undoubtedly the best compromise between quality and price in 1996, and the "96" serialization has been in use for Japanese made models since then, with a few serials starting with 97 and 98 for their respective years. However, they went back to the "96" serialization and added a 7th number to the serial in 99/2000.

Indian-made models are identified by their "00" and "01" serialization.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The mid 90's and earlier were.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]
                      Interesting. I know there is a stealth professional model (xl?) that has all the same features as this

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW, XLs would have a rosewood board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, there are 2 reviews on HC for the stealth xl. One guy says its ebony and the other guy says his is rosewood. Maybe they did both? Maybe someone got a parts mutt? Maybe one of the guys smokes too much crack? I dunno, off to check ebay auctions. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, since the XL et al designations were usually found on the trussrod cover, one thing to always remember about Jackson/Charvel (and really any guitar) is that trussrod covers, pickups, necks, etc etc can be changed willy-nilly, so it would not really be unusual to see, for example, a 10 year old Soloist XL with a Fusion XL or Stealth Pro or even a Rhoads Pro trussrod cover.

But then Jackson has been known to use a dark rosewood which some people that have never seen the two side-by-side can and often do mistake for ebony or some variant (streaked ebony, etc).
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I always wondered why my DR3R said Professional...

[/ QUOTE ]
                          that would be a DR3 - the DR standing for Dinky Reverse. They used "R" to designate reverse headstock guitars on the Rhoads & Kellys (eg. RR3R & KE7R), but there's no need on the DRs.
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Sometime in 1994 Jackson realized the Professionals were outselling the USAs, and those models were "dumbed down" to a slightly lesser-grade, including rosewood boards instead of ebony and painted logos instead of Mother Of Pearl, and lost the active circuits as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
                            not all Professional models had bound necks & ebony fretboards. The "Pros" did, the Fusion Pro, the Soloist Pro, etc. But there were plenty of variations sharing the Professional designation that had unbound rosewood fretboards.

[ QUOTE ]
                            But then Jackson has been known to use a dark rosewood which some people that have never seen the two side-by-side can and often do mistake for ebony or some variant (streaked ebony, etc).

[/ QUOTE ]
                            True. It's clear to me that my Fusion Plus has a rosewood fretboard due to the relatively loose grain, but it is very dark. If you didn't know better, someone might assume that it was ebony.
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              It looks like a 90-91 Fusion Pro.Measure the scale length and see if it 24.75 , if so it is a Fusion.The pickups are not stock.They came with J200 and a J50 and the JE1000 electronics.Check the tech section and the 2003 electronic manual for more.They are very well built guitars comparable to the USAs.

[/ QUOTE ]

well said.
                              it really looks like the fusion pro, a friend of mine owned.
                              but his was delivered with "Reflex" active PUPs and not the J50/J200 combi with the midboost.

Comment

Working...
                              X