Save C/Js from Hard Rock Cafe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save C/Js from Hard Rock Cafe

I dont know why but alot of historic Charvel Jacksons ended up in the Hard Rock Cafes across the country and left to die. I started this thread because I never really saw one started on this subject. I have read alot of other members opinions on Hard Rock and the lack of care to the guitars they give that are hanging in their resturants. I have never seen a thread started about it, so I will start this one but I could be wrong.

Anyways I think us as members and the mods and admins may not be able to actually save the guitars but I think we should at least spread awareness of the horrible neglect these guitars have recieved which I have witnessed myself. So I wanted to start this discussion should we have a petition or just let other artist and forums know, me personally if one of Demartinis Charvels or any other historic C\J can be saved it was worth it or at least no more end up there.

One last point I dont know why artist donate their guitars to Hard Rock its not like it really benefits anyone especially not the guitar.

Re: Save C/Js from Hard Rock Cafe

I say we orginize, storm each Hard Rock, take the guitars, take the women, and drink the beer. Oh yeah, drink the beer, play the guitars, and play with the women [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

oysterflight-you play the guitars-I'm going for the women-no sloppy seconds for me [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] just kidding!! Wait a minute no I'm not kidding but I take sloppy seconds on the guitars [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Seriously as much as I would like to do what you guys are saying we need to do something about this problem in a professional manner.

Comment

I've been thinking this for awhile,every time I've see one or see a pic,the guitars are f*cking neglected,pathetic!!

Comment

We need to get together and have members across the country or better the world go to the nearest hard rock cafes take pics of the neglected guitars and start an album that we should send to all the major guitar publications and post on all these forums and maybe even start a website with a petition.

I would rather see these guitars in the hands of private collectors that I know will take care of them then whats happening now, its not worth it just so some patrons that dont really give a crap about Warrens Charvel just so they can look at it while they eat.

Comment

I'm willing to give this one a new home... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

I have a great big loving home for Warren De Martini's "Lay It Down" Snakeskin....

Comment

I've always been curious as to whether there's a complete list available anywhere of the guitars they have. I know the "significant pieces" are on their site but surely that's not all (and it's impossible to wade through).
                  Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Went to the Hard Rock in Orlando,Florida a two years ago.. I couldn't believe it either..Somewhere I have a pic of Chris Oliva's white Charvel hanging there...Just wanted to give the poor thing a little tuning,that's all...Honest..No,Officer,I wasn't leaving,just wanted to see the white in the sun light,I was gonna bring it back...

Seriously,there were some amazing axes in there,it is a shame to see them wasting away like that.If they took even minimal care of them,it wouldn't be so bad..But I agree...They should stick to gold albums and autographs and leave the guitars at our houses....
                    Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Dude...you don't think collectors (REAL collectors) all over the world would want to save ALL of these guitars? Not just C/J's....but Vintage Gibsons worth 10 times more than any C/J hanging on their walls?

Yeah....it's attrocious the way they are treated. Has anyone been to the Hard Rock in Atlantic City NJ? Well in most people's reaching distance, there's Pete Townshend's 1966 Gibson Firebird 12 string. That thing has been molested more times than I'd care to think of. I see people pawing it as they walk by, and want to jump up out of my seat and fucking backhand them. The guitar itself is easily worth $6000.00 (or more if you consider it's history, and former owner keeping it in one piece!)

Point I'm trying to make....there's guitars that hang in the Hard Rock's accross the world that are super rare, or one-offs. Don't just single out C/J's....yeah...I know we love them and want to protect them, but there are other's that are worth far more also. You can't save them all.

Comment

I figure this being the JCF we start with them spread awarness and maybe the other boards will try to save their own so to speak.

Comment

I posted pics of the guitars in HRC Rome, which also had a Charvel and a Jackson.
                          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I don't go to hard rock much. I have been to a few, but I have never seen anyone abusing guitars. I don't doubt they are neglected due to the difficulty and time it would take to keep them oiled, dusted, and strung. However, it has always bothered me to see a nice fiddle stuck on the wall there. What type of abuse have you witnessed?

Comment

So...AK47, I'm confused. What exactly do you propose "we" do?
                              Storm various HRC's and steal them?
                              Offer outrageous money to buy them?
                              ??

Comment

Working...
                              X