Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serial no. identifying 90's Jackson Professional?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial no. identifying 90's Jackson Professional?

I've just bought a Jackson Professional guitar. From my back issue of the 1993 catalogue it looks undoubtedly like a Stealth EX. The seller of the guitar bought it new mid nineties but doesn't know the model, can I confirm the guitars model and age from it's serial number? Thanks all, Matt

Re: Serial no. identifying 90\'s Jackson Professional?

Year only for the serial number.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Re: Serial no. identifying 90\'s Jackson Professional?

Thanks that's useful to know. Next question - how do I tell the year from the serial no.?
      Matt

Comment

Re: Serial no. identifying 90\'s Jackson Professio

The first two numbers will identify the last two digits of the year, e.g. 93xxxx = 1993

Comment

Thank you.
          Matt

Comment

A common misconception of new users is that all it takes to identify a model is a serial number. This is not the case. To identify a model, details of the guitar in question need to be given.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Does any guitar company out there have a serialization scheme that denotes the model, besides Jackson's RR serials? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Yeah I'm aware the serial no. alone will not give all the answers, just hoping for some confirmation. The hardware and design/construction of the guitar point very clearly towards the Stealth EX from the early nineties. At least the year confirms the era.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  The first two numbers will identify the last two digits of the year, e.g. 93xxxx = 1993

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, there wouldn't be a 9 in there until sometime in 1996. Up to that point, the first number (0-5) was the year (1990-1995).

Comment

Working...
                  X