Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What comes with a brand new Jackson import?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What comes with a brand new Jackson import?

Hello everyone,

I'm tired of waiting for my DK2L that I ordered from Guitar Center. Mainly cause them or Fender or whatever, keep pushing the expected delivery date of the guitar by a month or so, every freakin week. There is no way to find out what the actual date will be, and Jackson doesn't seem to care about dead lines or etc to meet their production goals, or providing their customers with guitars when ordered.

Therefore I have decided to go ahead and get the DK2 from Ebay. I would have to sacrifice on the finish and gamble with quality and so on, but hey its better than waiting for 5 months to get a guitar. So I was wondering. A lot of the guitars on Ebay claim to be brand new, and contain variable accompanying material. So, could any of you tell me what are the exact contents tht come with a brand new Jackson import, such as the DK2? Like what tags, tools, boxes, and manuals? Same goes for a brand new standard Dinky hardcase. Also, if things like the manual are missing, could they be downloaded online, and also, how would the warranty be claimed on the guitar from Jackson if the book or the manual is missing, even though its a brand new tagged guitar? I hope what I posted makes sense. Thanks for reading!

Re: What comes with a brand new Jackson import?

all of the above. tag on tuning peg, warranty/manual, wrenches, bar if it has a trem, etc. a lot of those "new" axes are being sold from smaller music stores. thats how i bought my dkmgt a few years back. as far as the warranty missing, like the wrmg i just bought from musicians fraud a couple months ago, {return sold to me as new, but i love the guitar} (don't quote me) but i believe your reciept is as good as gold, don't lose it. and i'm not sure about downloading manual info. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Hear the universe scream
    Bleeding from black holes
    Whom horns careless
    And whom God mourns

Comment

LOL! I didn't even get a whammy bar with mine!

I don't know about Jackson's warrenty policy, but with Gibson, only the original owner purchasing the guitar from and authorized dealer has a warrenty. What B.S.

Comment

Fragger, don't ever bother ordering a Jackson from Guitar Center. They really don't carry that many Jacksons, so they don't "waste" their time on it. You ask for something, and that request goes to the corporate guy who orders for the entire region. He sits on it, waiting to get enough requests from stores to put toegther a large enough order. So, you order is sitting in a stack of paper work.

Order from one of the dealers here. Not only will you get what you want much faster, but you'll get a better deal from a guy who actually cares about Jacksons. Check the banner ads, because I believe both Matt's Music and Vwall have DK2's in stock right now, and both offer discounts to forum members.

Screw Guitar Center.

Comment

Do they come with Mojo Capacitors?
          [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

No, but they do come with this:

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHA..........I need one of those!! But back to the topic, i too have experienced the wait. My brother bought a USA SL2H and it took 2 months to arrive, and every week they pushed back the order. Then, when it got here, the fretboard was cracked all over the place and he had to send it back. Then waited another 3 months for the replacement. The warranty is a really important factor in buying a NEW guitar, so make sure you talk to the seller if you are worried about problems.
              www.soundclick.com/matthewpigott

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                No, but they do come with this:

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I need one.
                Make it at max for me.
                [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Fragger... told you before man... order from the Official JCF Dealers here. GUARANTEED QUALITY OF SERVICE AND PRODUCT. That's what they're here for. Their forum reputation DEPENDS on it because they're ONE OF US. You have waited MUCH TOO LONG for your first electric guitar (what is it, about a year and a half of research now?).

Comment

For those of you who needs more talent sculpting, try this new pedal from Boss:

Comment

I need em all.
                      [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for your replys guys. The only reason why I ordered the Jackson from GC was that I gotta good price on it. In addition, if the guitars had any problems, the store is much easier to go to, rather than the mailing it back to the JCF Dealers. The dealers are great, and believe me, I know from the service that they offered me. However, with me being on a tight budget, GC's price was really much more friendly to me. Anyway, about the topic, I really should get down and talk to the seller about the warranty issue. Lets see what happens, although, I think this this the closest I have ever felt in getting the DK2. Thanks again for reading and posting!

Comment

Working...
                        X