• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What colors are these?

Hi,

I would like to know which colors these guitars are:

Guitar 1

Guitar 2

If I had to guess from the tiny color swatches in the Jackson brochure I got from a local dealer I would think guitar 1 is either amber lager burst or burnt cherry burst (maybe even cherry sunburst from just the swatch). Guitar two seems to be amber sunburst from the brochure except on many dealer sites and this website I have seen people call guitar 1 amber sunburst.

Also, unfortunately I can't find the links now but I have seen another color that one dealer calls amber lager sunburst and another call burnt cherry burst.

Hopefully you can see why I am confused here. It would really suck to order the wrong color guitar. It would help if you provided better examples on your website and brochure. Alternatively you could solve my dilemma by offering a solid color guitar with Jenna Jameson airbrushed on it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Re: What colors are these?

they got a KV10x around here that looks exactly like the sl2h and that color is amber sunburst. the sl1 i THINK is amber lager burst. not much help there am i?
    cherry is a lot red-er in my experience and burnt cherry is a tad darker too, but tat might just be manufacturer to manufacturer diference
    You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

1 = cherry sunburst
      2 = amber sunburst

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        1 = cherry sunburst
        2 = amber sunburst

[/ QUOTE ]
        mkay =)

could you be so nice to point me towards the amber lager burst? i'd greatly apretiate it )

Comment

2 looks like a bad amber sunburst but 1 I don't know it doesn't seem red enough for cherry.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            2 looks like a bad amber sunburst but 1 I don't know it doesn't seem red enough for cherry.

[/ QUOTE ]
            it is amber sunburst.. i set my watch and warrant on it.. although the pic doesnt doo it justice.. it's a lil bit lighter than the actual finish

Comment

I originally posted this in the Ask Jackson forum hoping I would get a definite answer. One of the mods seems to have moved the thread here for what reason I do not know???? However, the replies just illustrate my point. Too bad I won't get a straight answer.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]
                1 = cherry sunburst
                2 = amber sunburst

[/ QUOTE ]
                mkay =)

could you be so nice to point me towards the amber lager burst? i'd greatly apretiate it )

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, the Jazz'R I just traded to Newc is Amber Lager Burst. That's a fantastic finish on quilt but you'll have to yell at Newc for not getting the whole thing in frame. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]
                  1 = cherry sunburst
                  2 = amber sunburst

[/ QUOTE ]
                  mkay =)

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, the Jazz'R I just traded to Newc is Amber Lager Burst. That's a fantastic finish on quilt but you'll have to yell at Newc for not getting the whole thing in frame. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, looks exactly like the SL1 to me ... oh well.. i dont like quilt tops =P we havent helped much, did we?

Comment

guitar 1 -- Amber sunburst
                    guitar 2 -- either a bad ASB or thats just plain Tansparent Amber.

The first one is exactly the same as my Kelly... Which is ASB
                    Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

This is a burnt cherry sunburst.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v377/pjg/IMG_1090.jpg

Comment

This is ASB -

The main difference between Burnt and Antique Cherry Sunburst is the Burnt is darker around the edges, whereas Antique is more like a Les Paul.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I say 1 is amber lager burst and 2 is amber sunburst.

Comment

Thanks to all of you who have replied. I can't believe I'm the first person that has ever wondered about this. I sent a pm to one of the mods (Maynard) asking why my post was moved from the Ask Jackson forum but he has not bothered to get back to me.

Comment

Check your PM inbox.
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                              X