Short Scale guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short Scale guitars

Hey Guys. <font color="blue"> </font> <font color="white"> </font> What guitars came in 24.75 scale, so far I have seen the fusions, some early warrior pros, and the new SLS and KV2T, thanks. Brian
    I say the boy ain't right!

Re: Short Scale guitars

There was the Charvel 750xl/Jackson Archtop Pro and JJP in addition to those that you mentioned. I can't think of any others right off the bat. I started a thread just like this a while back. Short scale shredders are the best for guys like me with short, stubby fingers.

Comment

Alot of low-end ESP LTDs have 24.75 scales and they play very comfortably. They don't handle drop tuning past D very well though.

Comment

Hey Travis I found that thread, I echo your sentiments. seems like more than just a few of us like these guitars. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

You can add me to the list of short scale junkies. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          Mike
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Not me, I prefer the 25.5 scale, although I wouldnt pass up on 24.75 scale guitar if it played & sounded right to me.
            KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
            I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Add the Jackson SS ("Short Scale") to the list.

Comment

I like short scale guitars too, that's why the guitar I designed is short scale [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] (KV2T) But, lately I've been all 25.5, go figure. Do any of you guys own a KV2T? I've only talked to one guy that bought one - drop me a PM if you bought one and let me know what you think!!! In my short tenure, that was my sole non-Custom shop contribution, so I'm always curious and anxious for any feedback....
                \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

McD....I don't own one (yet)... I am used to old Warriors but gassing heavily for a KV2T! When I finally get one...I'll post my feedback on it!

Comment

I know the early KV2Ts mistakenly got the 25.5" scale. How many of them are out there, and is there some designation on them to tell without actually measuring? I also really like the 24.75" scale and wouldn't mind owning one some day; though, I do prefer the longer scale for tuning down.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Toejam, you'll have to measure them. There weren't that many that went out long scale - maybe 30 to 40 tops. I can check into it if you want to know....
                      \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Thanks for the info. I was just curious as to how many long scale models were made.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I just wish the KV2T had the traditional pointy headstock. but I still really like the look, Short scale + string thru = one string bendin machine. I don't usually drop tune my fusions below D (mostly stay in standard), thats what the KV1 excells at.

Comment

McD I've wanted to pickup a KV2T for the past year now...I've played a few at NAMM and they feel so great in my hands. Just finding one in black ghost flames is tough [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                            RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                            RIP Dime

Comment

If KV2T had a traditional or reverse headstock instead of this "original" design I would have bought one a long while ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X