Dissappointed :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dissappointed

Hey Rick where in DE are you?? I'm just above Wilmington, and I agree....DE MUSIC STORES SUCK ASS!!! I have never seen a USA Jackson in any music store around here. NEVER!!!

That's besides the point though.

I was actually unaware that Fender stole the Charvel design?? Is that true?? In that case I'd say Fender will slowly but surely push Jackson off the cliff while at the same time trying to rape it of it's customer base. Happens all the time in corporate America. A larger company will wipe out competition by buying the formidable but smaller company, stealing the customer base, then selling to those same customers their similar but INFERIOR product. And I say inferior because if Jackson guitars were not of a certain quality standard and the public didnt' know that then this buyout would have never happened.

Fender sucks and is a crummy company and a lame guitar manufacturer. Can anyone tell me the difference between the 1000 different model guitars they have that all look the same and sound the same???

I don't know, looks grim at this point, that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick:
      Yea , I'm in Delaware.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, and I think everybody but BM caught
      the DE for Delaware, especially since you said it's a small STATE, wheras Denmark is a small COUNTRY.

Newc, I see your point, and an a la carte
      $100 per option isn't what I envisioned;
      I saw something like $100 for black hardware AND your choice of Dimarzio or
      SD pickups. Personally I agree that it shouldn't really have to cost more, but to meet the Manufaturing/Custom is Custom
      guys in the middle I'd concede it. Hey, if Carvin can give you a hardware option for $40, Jackson should be able to do it
      for $100, right?

The bottom line is that the companies who listen and offer options at reasonable cost are gaining market share. Those that don't, like Jackson, are losing market share and end up getting bought and sold repeatedly - like Jackson. If your current MO gets you robbed and raped
      then it's time to change your MO. This is not quantum physics. Results are in and excuses are out.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Bottom line for me is, Ibanez did it with a quick turn around,but they stopped doing it because the market went away. So it can be done. As said in a early post, by someone (I'm not sure who) There are only 700 or so people on this board. Now we all love jackson/charvel. But how many people brought a "NEW" guitar from them this year?my guess would be less then 2%. How many guys got a new import from them ? I would say less then 5%. Those numbers are not strong enough for them to change anything based on what is said here.

I was at a party on sat. nite. When someone handed me a guitar to play, we started talking, the guy was telling me about his son, and how the we're going to get him a ESP KH model guitar and asking questions about it. I said why not a Jackson? His son who was there said,"They still make those?" He is 14 enough said.
        www.kiddhavok.com
        www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

BM, you used the analogy of the car manufacturers for your argument. The entire time I have read this thread I was thinking the same thing. But most car companies will offer a given model with a couple (or few) different options.
          For example:
          Chevrolet makes the Cavalier. You get get this car with or without air conditioning, bigger engine (although not by much [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) or with the more fuel efficient engine, with or without a lighter (this one sounds stupid to me), and this list goes on. Basically the car is still a Cavalier, but may be different than your buddies across the street.
          Yes you will pay more for a Cavalier with some of these other options, but it is still considered a production model, not a custom car. I think Sheddermon said that it would be nice for Jackson to offer some simple options at a premium.

Basically Jackson says here is what an SL1 is - Duncan H/s/s, floyd, normal pointy headstock, binding, etc. Then they say for a premium you can get these options changed - pickups, string thru, hardware color & reverse headstock. Yes you are right that having these options would increase the price of a guitar with those options, but the base model price should stay the same.

By the way I am not arguing with your points, just pointing out that some of the Jackson buying public would like this type of thing and would be willing to pay for it. I think the rest of the world that is considering buying a USA Jackson would like it as well.

[ January 21, 2003, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: Hamner1 ]
          KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
          I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Wasn't AKAI a big corporation? And Fender is now employee owned, so they lost the big corporation when the bought out CBS (or whoever, my Fender history ain't good).
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jackson wasn't owned by Akai, they were owned by AMIC, the Akai Musical Instrument Corporation. which is the US distributor for Akai products. It's a completely different thing. Akai is a bigass company whereas I knew most of the AMIC employees on a first name basis.

Comment

>>I doubt we would have seen any reissues if Fender hadn't taken over Jackson. they would just have continued making the same old guitars, maybe changing a few things over the next 20 years. not that those guitars aren't good.<<

The reissues were in the works long before the aquistion ...
              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

This whole thing seems pretty silly to me.

Calling the Select models "production" instruments when if you want one and missed the "batch" you could be waiting 8 to 10 months for them to get around to building one? Absurd.
                Other companies have custom shops with a faster turnaround than that, and the prices are indeed comparable to Jackson's

The maufacturing models given were accurate if you are making huge quantities of something, but these are hand built anyway, so a skilled worker shouldn't have to think too hard to grab chrome hardware or a different pickup or whatever.

I just don't buy the defense at all. Buh bye Jackson!

BTW Skidd, I have heard the same response on more than one occasion.

Comment

CR,
                  I glad someone is listening. I still wish I could have grabbed your camo. Great axe.
                  www.kiddhavok.com
                  www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
                    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Wasn't AKAI a big corporation? And Fender is now employee owned, so they lost the big corporation when the bought out CBS (or whoever, my Fender history ain't good).
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jackson wasn't owned by Akai, they were owned by AMIC, the Akai Musical Instrument Corporation. which is the US distributor for Akai products. It's a completely different thing. Akai is a bigass company whereas I knew most of the AMIC employees on a first name basis.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You're really starting to nitpick now. At the start of this thread it was big bad AMIC who bled Jackson dry to endorse
                    rappers. Akai or AMIC, your defense of
                    Jackson's inability to make wise market moves was that the parent company siphoned off Jackson funds to benefit Akai's product line. So you know on a first-name basis most of the people who
                    ultimately put you out of a job. That's
                    better than having Akai in Japan do it, I guess! Chuckracer said it best; a "production" model that may take 10 months to get, is absurd. Any company that thinks that's reasonable is in lotus
                    land, far from reality. THAT is why Jackson is now Fackson; because reality finally forced its way thru the doors in
                    Ft. Worth.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X