Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Work Orders'

Hey guys,

When one would be interested in a custom shop, and one knew of another Jackson guitar (in this case, a San Dimas)n how would one go about seeing exactly what this guitar had on it, because one really loves the guitar and would like to see all the features before one would possibly decide on the deal and go for a CS order. Would one, realistically, be able to obtain a 'work order' or 'data sheet' of the guitar in question? Or would one just have to tell the guys at Jackson which guitar in question it is one wants to be a model for one's own CS guitar?

Getting a bit less noobier ever day!
    Thanks! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Re: \'Work Orders\'

If you've already got the WO number, submit it for a quote and see what happens, then let us know [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Work order numbers seem to get recycled though, so dunno how that would work.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

So I wouldn't be able to ask for or tell them I'd like a CS Rhoads exactly like one made before ('85 SD in this case)?

Comment

I think most of the San Dimas-era work orders are owned by someone besides Jackson now. If you want to know the specs on a guitar that's old like that for replication, it would probably be easiest just to contact the owner and ask them what the specs are.

Comment

Just wait for one of the JCF '01's to be available...they're pretty much as close to the original as you can get.

- Joel
            RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
            RIP Dime

Comment

those old wo-sheets are nothing special
              in most cases they tell not much more than:
              body type, Student/Custom, Color/graphic, case or not
              the rest was done by standard
              if you want one like those
              just fill in the custom order with these specs plus things like:3 piece FAT neck, tiny frets, VVT layout, kahler, decal logo for early SD RR standards
              some early things you won`t get though:
              90° tuners e.g., not sure for the jackson pups
              otherwise be creative, you know what you want
              at least you should when you spend that money

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I think most of the San Dimas-era work orders are owned by someone besides Jackson now. If you want to know the specs on a guitar that's old like that for replication, it would probably be easiest just to contact the owner and ask them what the specs are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'd contact him, but I think a couple of other million people already tried, way before me. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

A couple of things elude me, still, such as some specifications which may have been totally custom to the customer's wishes. Anyways, I figure I'll find out, one of these years.. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

Are You talking about Kirk Hammetts rhoads or what? I think that was a pretty standard custom rhoads for the time.
                  Anyway if you want a similar guitar buy an 85 rhoads with the same features. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                  My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

Yep, the main thing I need to know about is the neck, and the layout of the controls (not the actual lay-out, but the wiring, etc). Other than that I'll make my CS mahogany, once I get around to ordering it.

Comment

JCF02 tried to duplicate a famous guitar and it wasn't exactly the custom shops shining moment.
                      Just come up with the specs yourself and submit them.
                      I think they have trouble duplicating things. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      FWIW, The 25th anni series have the correct 90^ tabs on the tuners and the correct 100%logo with "Made in USA" under the logo.

Comment

Working...
                      X