Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everyone.....I have an announcement.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Everyone.....I have an announcement.........

Hi - my name is Kristi, and I have a problem. Although I have no guitars of my own at this point, I continuously tell my fiance that he should buy another one!

Joel - my dear man - don't quit! IT's too hard. Plus this is a very enjoyable addiction -and one that doesn't cause major health problems!

Comment

I do excactly the same thing, my wife thinks I'm insane! [img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img]

Comment

Dr. Newc...you're right...you're ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! Spend less on BS like food and clothes so guitars are more affordable to me and more within my budget then [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I definitely CAN'T afford to go drinking with Ralph or Todd!!!

I don't think the problem is that I want to quit playing or sell my guitars...it's more that I can't hold back when I find one I "have to have"...I can't stop myself...I need to stop buying them cause I wanna start saving for a house now....but they're my babies...I can't sell 95% of them.

Dr. Newcenstein...Guitar Proctologist [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Tommy....I pretty much hold on to all of them...over the past 15 years I've only sold maybe 5 out of 35 I've owned...all strat shaped (Soloists).
        I always find some way to justify them all....all the keepers have some special meaning to me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
        Dr. T - don't give up playing...and don't give up searching for your baby! If she meant that much to you, then never give up searching bro!

Dr. Newc...I am definitely NOT a quitter...I WILL FIND ALTERNATIVES!!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Speed - Thanks for the well wishes...I loved that jiggly avatar...it just wasn't appropriate for some people

Kristi...you're absolutely right...it is too hard...just owning them, seeing them, caressing them, stroking them....ahem....I mean I just need to show some restraint from the Classifieds and Ebay....then I think all will be good and I can start really saving for the house to secure my babies [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Man it's great that we have some excellent Dr's on the JCF (even proctologists)...and I think all of you guys above....even you Kristi (although you don't any guitars...well you technically will after the wedding [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) are all addicts....man it feels good to be in such great company!

- Joel (self admitted guitar-a-holic) and proud of it
        RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
        RIP Dime

Comment

hoho, I have eventually found a (quite expensive) way to carry on being a guitaraholic.
          The point is wifey (she has a bad 'you and your darn guitars all over the place' allergy).
          I've paid her a (romantic I hope) week in London (her favorite place ever).
          Hope after that week I will be able to buy one cool Y2KV I've seen here and a couple of custom shops!
          Results of her therapy next week! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I am addicted to guitars also! I can feel your pain! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I want to buy just about every Jackson and Charvel I see and I spend way too much time thinking about how I can save money and pay off credit cards so I can get one more guitar.

My wife just shakes her head and wonders how many guitars I think I need to have. I only have six right now, and I have been know to mention that there is no such thing as too many guitars. I also have two amps and bunch of stop boxes and related computer gear. There are at least four more guitars I want to get, so I will probably end up with around ten at some point.

Anyway, I have no idea how to stop myself and I really don't want to stop anyway. As others have mentioned: the bills get paid, the wife and kids eat regular, my retirement is growing, so for now I am OK. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            Jackson: DK1
            Charvel: CS (CSB), SD (RGF), SD (Bullseye), SD '83 (HRF)

Comment

I had 2 guitars & 2 stands, then I sold my house & treated myself to a couple more guitars, & was bought a "Multiple Rockstand" with 9 spaces by my very understanding fiancee (she's the best - even let me buy a Mesa Boogie with the kitchen refurbishment money!). There are still spaces free in the stand.....................what should I do, doc? Oh, doc - if you're in JACKSONWOLFs guitar shop this morning, can I get a soloist with a sustainer please.........../
              Wal - Good from far, but far from good

Comment

Seriously, do like I did a few weeks ago - get that CC debt up to at least twice what you have in the bank, THEN watch reality set in [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And I'm the same way regarding not wanting to sell - I have 3 Warriors, but the other 17 or so were all different and each one was special in its own way - a Soloist, a 650XL, a Star (ok I have 2 Stars, but one's black and one's a graphic, plus the necks, plus one's a Jackson and one's a Charvel, so they're different [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]), the JTX, and so on. Even the Warriors are different - the Halford, a Metallic Blue XT and a Black XT body (so they're all different [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]).

But then on the other hand I have to admire Brett's philosophy of owning several identical models - if I HAVE to sell, I can sell one and still have another one just like it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Unfortunately (and not to be cold water here) this thread gravitates toward a very real condition known loosely as 'hoarder syndrome'. Hopefully we will not all end up with piles of junk in our front lawns, but, having collected all sorts of what I consider to be 'treasures' over the years my thoughts are I may have at least a derivative of this condition. If you type this condition in on an internet search there is more info on it. Again don't mean to be a downer here. Regards.

Comment

Yep, I made the same diagnosis to myself about 2 years ago. Then I started to use the term "Jacksonholic". I have to collect only Jackson guitars and it feels that my collection is allways incomplete...Now I have only 7 USA Jackson´s.

My wife is jealous to my Jackson´s because they get more care and love than she (this is ONLY her estimate). But anyway, this is the lifetime disease with no cure...Once you played USA Jackson you will be always hooked [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

Lol... I was in a similar situation. I was up to about 20 guitars. Buying, selling, changing around the inventory. After not playing many of them for months and months on end, I sold all the guitars I never played. Now I'm down to 3 custom shop Jacksons, 1 custom bass, and a custom Jackson on order.

Stop looking at ebay every day, and sell the ones that for some reason or another don't ever make it into the daily or weekly play rotation. Soon you'll be down to under a half dozen guitars.
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Being broke and in debt helps me stay off Ebay, and hopefully out of the Classifieds, except to sell [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        Maybe once I get balanced again I won't fall back into the "buy buy buy!" routine [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Actually, right now between my PC1 and SL2H, I'm pretty content...but back in my early 20s..I just keep buying and buying them..had them stacked up like firewood! Now, if it sits in the corner and gets no loving..I practice the "catch and release program" and send it on to someone who will play it. I'm down now, at age 36, from 45 to 5!
                          DiMarzio Endorsee
                          www.dimarzio.com
                          Morley Endorsee
                          www.morley.com
                          "Intelli-Shred" author
                          www.myspace.com/intellishred
                          NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

I have a problem also, well off pawn shopping I go.
                            METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

A lot of the problems with me are from the fact that I don't only like to play guitars, but that I just LOOOOOOOOVE watching them!

I swear to god, I could watch my LP Deluxe GT hang there all day! So whenever I have guitars I dont play that much, I still keep them because they're so beautiful!
                              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Working...
                              X