X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What body is this?

I bought this incorrectly listed body.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Even though it looks orange it's really a lipstick red metalic. Very light, probably basswood.

I think it is a Fusion body, but I don't know much about Fusions (other than short scale). I have a Fusion neck to go with this body.

One other question is what type of trem and studs go with this? Those stud holes are huge.

P.S. the reason I thought it was a Fusion body is that it looks similar to this body:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Re: What body is this?

the pickup position looks about right for the Fusion Deluxe
    Hail yesterday

Comment

I'm not sure its fusion. I had a Charvel guitar that was import had a reverse headstock on it, import guitar logo, 22 frets. I kept the neck and sold the body to Sully because I don't like angled pickups [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

edit: Predator was the name I couldn't remember
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Looks like a fusion to me: Here's Mine

The trem would be the Schaller type

Comment

As Shawn said, the Charvel Predator had a similar pickup configuration. But I believe this is a Fusion Deluxe because of the pickup spacing. The Predator had more room between the pickups, no doubt due to the longer scale and 22 fret neck
          Hail yesterday

Comment

The Predator and Fusion were the same except for the scallop on the lower horn (and the scale obviously). My Predator body didn't have the scallop.
            The insert holes ARE huge, and require Model series inserts (Model 2, Model 6, etc) and probably came with a JT6. I have not found any other inserts that fit those holes, including new OFR and all those import inserts everyone and their mother sells.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Newc,

I'm really worried about the insert holes as well. If worse comes to worse, I guess filling with a dowel and re-drilling will be in order.

On the back side the neck area is scalloped deeper than my DK2, not sure if that helps.

Does the type of wood (very light basswood) help in id'ing the body?

Thanks for the help. You guys are great.

Don

Comment

The wood doesn't really help as much as viewing a Predator and Fusion together.
                Predator (converted to hum-hum):

Note the distance between the pickups (original slanted single route still visible), and the lack of a scallop on the lower horn.
                Also note the distance from the knob hole to the switch hole.

Initially the scalloped horn and heel were Fusion-exclusive features, and when they dropped the Fusion, they kept the scalloped heel and horn for the Dinkys. The Fusion and Dinky were not made at the same time.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

You are right. Your Predator body doesn't look like my body. The shape of your horns seem different, more rounded. Mine seem like sharper corners and lines overall.

Fusions were always 24 fret short scale, right? If so, it is a perfect match for my neck.

Comment

OMG, Where has that crooked Krylon Bullseye been waiting all my life [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I know Newc was experimenting in his lab when he did this, but DAMN! It cracks me up every time I see it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      Scott
                      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I hate to say but a Predator Body is Dinky Size, your Bullseye is a Strat.

Comment

The body you have is a Fusion. The Predator had the neck pup closer to the neck pocket, and no lower scallop. The trem is fully recessed on yours, so it's probably the Schaller style trem. I'm pretty sure the Predator and 3DR both had JT6's which were not fully recessed. They just had the back cut for "pullbacks".
                          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Thanks.

Now to find the studs and bushings to fit in those big holes.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Thanks.

Now to find the studs and bushings to fit in those big holes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me know if you find them. I am in need of a set of studs to fit those big bushings. Ive been told that they are JT6 or Ibanez edge studs. Fatter than the old schaller floyd fine thread posts but with a courser thread. I can almost fit the bushings for the newer "skinny" posts inside these bushings. In fact I could probably tap (die) threads on them and have a bushing within a bushing. But of course its probably easier to just get the correct studs. So, let me know if you come across a supplier for these.

Comment

Working...
                              X