Stratheads are at NAMM!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stratheads are at NAMM!!!!

In addition to copying Jackson, I've noticed some Gibson-esque Fenders lately too, like the Toronado model with trans finish, 2 hums, small SG-ish pickguard and a tune-o-matic tailpience.

I'm glad to hear more USA Charvels were present. I actually like the headstocks...it's the best Fender imitation in my opinion, but still very plain-looking I guess. I'd choose plain-looking over butt-ugly any day, which is how I would describe Charvel's previous 4 attempts at a Fender-style headstock.

Comment

Yeah, the Fender line did include lots of ONE hummer stuff. I dont think its fair to associate that to the "San Dimas" Desire, but rather Fender has been successfully marketing the Tom DeLonge Strat which is a 1 Hum Strat. Accepted very well by a culture of DUAL HUM PRS or GIBSON Pauls.

In addition, there are lots of Strats with GRAPHICS!!! I LOVE IT!

Comment

79Charvel...Doc here...I spent an HOUR talking shop one-on-one with the Ol' Doc's PATRON SAINT, FLOYD ROSE today...GREAT GUY, as well, and has a SWEETHEART of a wife as well....AND I talked about an hour with Lee Garver and Neal Moser from GMW as well, before they get SLAMMED Friday - BOTH GREAT guys, and Lee's guitars gave a HARD-@N that I could cut DIAMONDS with !!!!!...EASILY the NICEST guitars I saw ALL DAY, and I saw a LOT...

Also, we are going to have them tie a helium BALLOON to my partner, Chuck from Kick Axe in Detroit's WRIST, like you do with toddlers to find them at Disneyland, or put one of those harnesses witha LEASH on him like that hyperactite kid that Mike Myers played on SNL !!!! - LOL...HE was the one that was LOST !!!!!

[ January 17, 2003, 03:27 AM: Message edited by: Doc Dryer ]

Comment

Working...
        X