No announcement yet.

Anybody know what's up with JC Guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anybody know what\'s up with JC Guitars?

Justin is absolutely anal when it comes to ensuring that the guitar is exactly as described. Every guitar I've bought from him came with a phone call. He would describe every little scratch and ding he could find, on both the paint and the hardware.

His prices are a little higher than others, but that is to offset his generous values assigned to trade-ins. I've found that if you have nothing to trade, he'll work with you on the price of what you're looking to buy.

Comment

I just snatched some knobs off of eBay from him today. Sent me an email thanking me and to check out his site............seems like hes on the ball.

Comment

the one issue I had with his site, was that his pictures SUCKED. He had some nice gear, but the pictures did NO justice (small, over compressed, terrible lighting and color). I purchased some gear from him with zero issues and he always replied to me quickly!

Comment

So in summary, everyone is pretty happy with their dealings with JC? (high prices aside)

My only concern is that I've had to chase a few times to get a reply or more detailed pics and don't want to get into a KE type situation....
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Justin is easy to deal witha nd his reply is fast.
            In fact, I sent an e-mail late last night and got his reply by early this morning.

Comment

You can also always call the store number on his site. He is a really easy guy to deal with.

Comment

I checked out this site, I believe some of you guys on this thread maybe lucky because by all the pics I seen on the site, the quality looks very bad and most of the stuff is damaged with cracks or lots of wear and tear...so I am not sure of the quality, I would imagine that if you would see the gear upfront in the store...it may be way better then the pics on the site...whethether or not he pays good on trade ins, I don't know.....but just a quick scan some of the prices on that site are a joke, for what you are buying! They are very high,not justifiable from my perspective.

Comment

I bought one guitar from Justin and found him straight up and honest about everything. You can call his shop and he'll talk as long as you need to. I realize that his site has old stuff on it but he updates the site with new stuff frequently.

Comment

What I was trying to mean, the site definately needs work and updates, the pics degrade all the stuff there.....I am not saying or accusing the guy himself for anything,,,,,,sorry didnt think it would get misinterpreted that way!

Comment

I tried to email him a while back but never got a reply. So eh. Shame cause he has some cool stuff and I have two guitars (maybe, 1 for certain) that I am looking to trade.

Comment

The shop is very cool...got a s***load of guitars in there. I think the site was last updated in October. I agree that his pics leave something to be desired....I think he's even selling that crappy camera on his site! But he's a very nice guy to deal with and is willing to work with you.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          What I was trying to mean, the site definately needs work and updates, the pics degrade all the stuff there.....I am not saying or accusing the guy himself for anything,,,,,,sorry didnt think it would get misinterpreted that way!

[/ QUOTE ]

He sells used guitars. If you know what you are looking for and can get past a few dings or can trust over some poor quality shoots, its worth it.

Comment

Just pick up the phone and call the guy. The shop is now his job, so he doesn't have the time for e-mail that most of have. If you call him, he'll tell you anything you want to know.

I don't blame him for the crappy photos. When you have that many guitars, tons of high resolution photos would eat up server space and bandwidth like you wouldn't believe. I'm sure he'd get you some nicer ones if you asked for more detail.

I've bought three guitars from Justin, and every single one of them looked way better than I was expecting.

Comment

Working...
                            X