Liquid Gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liquid Gas

While I feel sheepish about posting pics of my latest gem, I thought I'd do so anyway as this Rhoads was discussed two weeks ago in e-fraid. It's a 1989 USA Rhoads RR2417 (I also have RR2414, the road hazard yellow Rhoads with black bevels in the Gallery). I really dig the lack of a pickguard on any Rhoads, so this adds to the cool factor. The neck, OMG, the neck is like sex.

I have been calling this graphic "Shipwreck Island." If anyone knows what Jackson referred to it as please inform me. There is a full moon shining down on a mountain range. A (brick?) wall cuts the land off from the sea. And out there in the water are the hideous decayed remains of people who have been converted to skulls and bones. They appear to be clinging to pieces of a destroyed ship. Newc, was this in the Jackson dealers graphic album? Enjoy boyz...
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Re: Liquid Gas

Nice guitar! Is that the Schaller "Made in West Germany" stamp I see on the bridge?
    [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Yeah, a lot of the 1989 Jacksons were using the JT-590 Schaller trem with the Jackson logo. This effectively replaced the JT-6 which was pretty much extinct by early 1990.

Comment

interesting graphic. I like it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Wow, that is pretty cool! Thanks for sharing. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I LOVE that graphic! First time I've ever seen it!

Comment

Wow, I would love to see the full size pics of that one.

Matt

Comment

Yeah, post some bigger, juicier pics Joe, that would be cool.

I had a bid in on this one I think cause it was soooo reasonable and cool looking....sigh...

Comment

Joe -SWEET! Nope, it wasn't in the book. There's one called Skull Graveyard, though. Could be a variant or even proto for Pile O Skulls?
                  Anyway, Shipwreck Island fits [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yeah, Newc, it does have some resemblance to the Pile O' Skulls. The heads look very similar. Instead of a boggy marsh this one has a mountainous island as the back drop. Same moon, same skulls, etc.

Comment

that's damn nice! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                      1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Oddly enough, it DOES look like Skull Graveyard! That was the name in the Album, but I found a better pic in the Archives, and though you can't see it too clearly, it does appear that the skulls are in water, not lying half exposed on the ground as I originally thought they were.
                        The moons are in the same position in both pics, and the mountains look alike, but I can't tell if there's a stone wall at the water's edge, or if the water is really just the ground that was painted in a smoother fashion making it look like water more than dirt.
                        Here's the Archives pic:
                        http://www.jacksonguitars.com/resour...ex.php?page=20
                        Third one down on the far right (last on the right in the third row, whatever)

Newc
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

The finish on the one Newc just posted is incredibly badass! Congrats on the guitar Joe! Looks like a killer axe!

Comment

That's it exactly, Newc. As we all know, the graphic finishes had some variation from one artist to the other, and even the same artist. That one in the archives is so nearly identical to mine they should be considered the same. So, Newc, just so I know, that one is officially listed as "Skull Graveyard" then, right?

Comment

That's the name listed on the Master List that came with the Album I have.

Newc

Comment

Working...
                              X