Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

shipping to uk from us, how long should it take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shipping to uk from us, how long should it take?

hi all!
    i recently bought an sl2h from a dealer in the us and its currently on its way to me in the uk. he sent it usps 4-10 day on feb 28th and it still hasn't turned up. from others experience how long has it taken?
    any input would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks
    pete

Re: shipping to uk from us, how long should it take?

Not unusual. I used the same USPS option last time I shipped to Europe and to took around 3 weeks to arrive. Odds are it's sitting in a customs warehouse somewhere waiting to be cleared.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

hi,
      thats what i figured, just needed to put my mind at rest. waiting for your first soloist to arrive is torture. i've started to have soloist based dreams and every day it doesn't turn up it's like being a kid on christmas day and finding no presents under the tree!
      thanks again

Comment

Like Yet said, it's probably sitting in Customs, also remember that the shipping days are business days. You should have it soon.
        Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

yeah business days, didn't take that into account. i'll post some pics when it gets here if anyones interested

Comment

you should have a tracking number, you can tell where it is. If it's waiting to clear customs, give them a call to speed it up.

Comment

i asked the guy i bought it from and he said there is no tracking number with usps 4-10 day. i would give customs a call but i have no idea where i would find a phone number for them, anybody know what number i need to call?
              any help greatly appreciated

Comment

Re: shipping to uk from us, how long should it tak

UK customs can be really slow. I just shipped a guitar to Germany via USPS Global Priority. It was in his hands 5 days later, for a little under $100 US. England, from what I recollect, takes about two weeks.

As for shipping using their slower service, no there is no tracking, and if you've been waiting less than two weeks, give it another week before you should start getting worried.
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

All the guitars that I've bought from the states have arrived within 3-5 days of dispatch......I can't remember what shipping type / company that was used, but I've never waited that long for any of the 5 of them.
                  Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

You can track a USPS package in the UK . This can only be done when the parcel is about to be shipped from the US or already in the UK .
                    USPS use Parcelforce in the UK and that is where you can track it http://www.parcelforce.com/portal/pw/home
                    Put in one of the package numbers and hit inbound parcel . If it doesn't show up it is still in the US
                    Oh stick this in your fuse box ..... Bon Scott

Comment

I bought a Kramer from MusicYo.com a few years back, when they were only in the US. It took <24 hours to get from Nashville to somewhere in England, then 8 days to get from England to Northern Ireland. Nice.... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Cheers,
                      Steve.

Comment

I had a guitar shipped to me in Sweden with the same USPS option, it took 31 days for it to arrive! It took something like 22-23 days before it even arrived to the customs office (where it sat for seven days)... damn it was a long wait from the day I bought it to the day I got it!
                        https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Working...
                        X