Help I'm a Jackson nerd!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help I'm a Jackson nerd!!!

I went to Guitar Center today and asked if they could help me find a KV1. You all know, Kahler stop tail LSR tuners.

Anyway the guy says "Jackson NEVER put Kahlers on KVs". I then launched into how many they did and the years they did.

He looked at me like I was a geek...Which I will now proudly admit to!!

I AM A JACKSON GEEEK/NERD!!!

Re: Help I\'m a Jackson nerd!!!

so are the rest of us :P

although i don't have any jackson right now [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

It just goes to show you how little knowledge is selling axes today. I am lucky if I can find one usa made in my local GC.

Comment

That sucks.
        People really don't know what they are talking about.
        Both of my KVs have Kahler bridges. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

NERD [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] plus Guitar Center and most of the people that work there blow!

Comment

I will proudly take the title "Jackson Nerd" anyday.

I've been called much worse [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I only go to guitar center so I can check out the used stuff and snag the stuff they have priced too low. If I'm lucky I'll run into a Kahler'd KV. They'll think it's been modded and have it priced way low [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I try to avoid GC as much as possible for the very same reason that a lot of their employees don't have a clue as to the products that they're selling. What a farce!!!
              "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

I still can´t understand why people go to GC unless they LIKE getting pissed off every time they want more than a pack of strings [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Stupidity my friend, I'm just willing to admit to it.

Comment

I love to go to the GC in my area. SJ Guitar Center has one hell of a nice GM. He always cuts me great deals. GC SJ rules!
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I tend to do all my research on this board or through other means before considering buying any gear. It so happens that GC has the biggest selection of gear around here. So the lack of knowledge of some of the GC staff doesn't bother me.

Comment

I use Guitar Center strictly for research. If I am looking for a new guitar or bass and don't know what I want, I go there to try out as many as possable, but I wouldn't ever buy anything any bigger than picks from the place.

Comment

Xeno the SJ GC was a great place to do business when I was living in the bay area. I also hung out at The Starving Musician in Santa Clara on El Camino Real. I wonder if they are even still in business. Is G and G music in San Jose still around?

Comment

Seriously, everyone on this forum should sell guitars! You are the only good source of info. I have yet to find an actual knowledgable salesman at any of the local stores, only one USA in a 300 mile radius, and that one is locked up in a back room. (I was at least lucky enough to be deemed worthy to gaze upon it) but seriously, it is rediculous. OK, rant off. Knowledge is rarely a bad thing.

Comment

Ya know, after working for SamAsh for awhile, I can tell you those sales guys don't need to know jack to get hired. They have training videos they make em watch when they first start with a guy using cornball lines like "That's a great price, isn't it?" on the tapes. It's all psychological, there is no info on the product needed, which is a damn shame. That's what makes em so retarded to deal with, and I'm sure GC, which is bigger than SamAss has the same kinda thing (can't talk too much smack about them though, they've helped me out more than any Ash guy did, and we've got one of our own JCF guys who knows more than most workin for em). This is why I strongly support buying from your local dealers. Nothing more I respect that someone trying to make something more for themselves and guy's who take risks, and that's the small business owner right there. [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X