Meet Mr. Shannon & Co.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meet Mr. Shannon & Co.

I’ve been wanting to post about this since I got home from NAMM. Mike K. at the Jackson CS just gave me the official “OK” to post these pics & info:

The last couple months I've been doing some work for the Jackson CS. So, I got an official invite from Jackson to attend NAMM on one of their passes, but I went on one of Vwall’s passes instead (props to Ma Bruthah) [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. Scott & I got to tour the Jackson Custom Shop the day before NAMM started. We spent the better part of the day with a couple of FMIC reps. We had lunch, talked shop, & just chilled. I had dealt with both reps back in the pre-Fender days... so it was cool to talk with them again.

We got to tour the FMIC Distribution Warehouse before the CS tour. It was HUGE to say the least! Every piece of FMIC equipment goes through there. We saw stacks & stacks of anything you can imagine that is music related. It is also the place where they do the set-ups on the import Jacksons. There was rows & rows of imports.

Me at the FMIC DC holding an import Kelly Pile-O-Skullz:

After that we hit the Custom Shop. The folks there were great. We saw every part of both Jackson/Charvel & Fender production. We even toured the paint booth. The only thing we didn’t get to see was inlays being installed, and custom paint being sprayed. Those departments were done for the day by the time we arrived. It was very clean! Probably the cleanest manufacturing facility I have ever seen. We got to meet most of the people that make things happen: Pablo, Tim, Greg, Mike K., and of course, Mr. Shannon:

Every person that we met was really nice. They made sure we saw what we came to see. They answered all of our dumb questions. This tour was something I have been wanting to do for a long time. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] It worked out really well. I hope to have the chance to go back next year.
    >>--HuntinDoug-->

Re: Meet Mr. Shannon & Co.

Tell Mike he owes me a beer
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Mike's too cool..A great guy...Cort

Comment

Very cool! Can you tell us more about what you're doing with FMIC?

And where's all the pics of the USA and custom shop pieces? I love to see pics of all the racks of guitars.

Comment

Sweet stuff. More pics are definitely needed, and what's with the Rhoads you're holding, who was that for?

Comment

heh....it's funny seeing mike with a bottle of water next to him. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Who's in the background giving him the "rabbit ears"? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                heh....it's funny seeing mike with a bottle of water next to him. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

sully

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt
                I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Cool story Doug! I'm looking forward to getting out to the factory sometime this year as well.

Nice avatar Tetsuo... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Wow, the imports are set up in America. THAT I would have never guessed. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I am very curious to know what guitar you're holding there! LTD style with modern pearl logo and Floyd! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

sully

[/ QUOTE ]

Vodka, or Schnapps [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And I just love that row of boxes that says " ^UP " on them. You have to turn your head sideways to read it, though [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

You guys will sprawl when I get around to posting the Custom Shop pics I have...
                        It was a great trip and tour..

Comment

I took a tour sometime back in 2004 it was cool they are a great buch of people there . I have picture to I will post some at my blog sit just click below .

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Very cool! Can you tell us more about what you're doing with FMIC?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm doing TR covers for some of this years production (mostly CS pieces). They have asked me not to talk about specifics, or post any pics til after the new catalog comes out, and after the J/C website is updated. I will say this much... You'll know them when you see them... Pretty cool stuff. There is a couple pics of my stuff on the Jackson website now. The bloodwood one that was on the "soft" archtop at NAMM. And a pic of one of the SL2T CHL is in the "whats hot/new from the CS" section..
                            >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

great story Doug
                              congrats man

Comment

Working...
                              X