Alder looks pretty good....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alder looks pretty good....

I was just checking out the new stuff Scott put on his website. I'm a fan of alder but I don't think I have ever seen an alder guitar with a natural finish. I always pictured it to looks fairly light in color like maple but it looks like mahogany. The top is not too shabby either.

Re: Alder looks pretty good....

I don't belive that's an Alder top. It's flamed Maple, no?

Pat

Comment

He means the body, evidently.

Yeah it looks a lot like that SL2- MAH. I love both, and I want an SL2-MAH natural one day!
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

The back looks like mahogany to me & the top looks to be flamed maple.
        KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
        I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

it could be alder. it will turn that color when oiled.

this body is alder; look at the center; it's just oiled and a similar color.

http://www.sullyville.net/guitars/bird.jpg
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

hmmmmmmm, Firebird.... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pat

Comment

It wasn't really clear to me GOR, sorry.

There's one thing I miss about Matt @OSG, the pics!!! He was the shiznit for taking pics of gear he had for sale!!!

Matt, can't you sleep with someone over at Fender and get that dealership back? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Pat

Comment

For the very first pic of this thread, alder can indeed look like that. I have an alder bodied guitar that is almost that exact shade of color inside the trem cavity (top has been stained padouk) ... A surprisingly warm color, but a very nice one.

Comment

Yes, I was speaking of the body of the guitar being alder. Could be a misprint but Scott has it listed as alder.

Comment

I doubt it's mahogany. Unless it's some sort of Limited Edition or CS, which it's not.
                    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I am sure it is Alder.
                      Mahogany will have more darker color.
                      KE2 specs show the body must be Maple top and Alder wings.

Comment

it definatly looks different with that combination of maple top and alder body/bevels. Kinda cool!

Comment

Alder is just another inexpensive white wood, somewhere in color between pine and white oak. It's not particularly attractive. It is very plain.
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

does alder have any figuring on a solid body like a strat? (once again, lol) the flamed strat i have has transparent flames, showing the grain of the wood. Theres a litlurinnd under the paint in the trem cavity, i can see a very white wood. could be ash? (sorry if i hocked the thread! there isnt any info on my strat at all)

Comment

Ash is a very white to greyish wood. Also not very attractive, IMO.

Alder could have some figuring in it, depending on piece, I assume.
                              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X