Defending Jacksons/Charvels from flamage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Defending Jacksons/Charvels from flamage

To be totally serious and truthful guys. I thought it was very sad that at first the esp ltd's held up, then after regular use for about 2 weeks, there was shifting of the locknut and trem in the recess pocket on both the mh300 and mh307!! It was a pretty pathetic feeling after the guitar tech gave me his findings. "this is the actual quote on the bill of service"

1, screws stripped on locknut, very little wood to anchor screws into top of the neck "shifting"
    2, tremolo held to body with flat metal bar in recess cavity, fastened to body with 3\8" screws, little or no wood to anchor screws properly "shifting"
    3, Intonation not correct, neck relief non existant, neck negative neck bow on mh307, little room for strings to vibrate properly across neck.

Recommendation: Inhouse Luther will dowel screw holes, dowel trem post holes. replace trem/locknuts with 6 string floyd rose and 7 string schaller floyd rose, Neck Jig press bow problem, recalibrate and strobe.

The total cost for repairs was 500 bucks on the guitars!! but they are good looking guitars though, heh [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

I know that I'm 14 and can be a hard headed little geek who thinks he knows everything, but as long as I can accept it! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

well the thing about the jackson/esp/charvel arguement is that with cheaper models esp owns jackson. i have an esp and a jackson that both cost the exact same price and my esp is miles ahead of the jackson. but with the upper lines especially charvel and the custom shop stuff i think Jackson/charvel is better. this kid probably had some cheap esp and compared to a cheap jackson to get his idea of jacksons sucking

Comment

That's because your Jackson is a JS30...and looking at the list prices on the 100 series LTDs and the JS30, you either paid waaaaay too much for your JS30, or scored your LTD for pretty cheap... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

You can't really go by price range as some places (the ever popular Guitar Center) do not price the same ranges equally - the JS30 might be more or less than the ESP/LTD model equivalent.
            You have to go strictly by the model range itself - Pro for Pro, USA for USA, etc etc.

As for defending Jacksons and trying to convert others - don't bother. Let them figure it out later. Meanwhile, those of us who know the truth will continue to score the deals and get the better guitars and when they finally wise up, they'll pay to play [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

And the retarded comment was right on the money. Yes it's horrible that these kids are born with mental and physical defects, but is it really neccessary to have a Special Olympics? I don't think so.
            Maybe those of us who are not "Special" or otherwise able to compete in the real Olympics should get together and form our own Olympic series? The Slobovian Olympics? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by terrorsound:
              (re: ESP) Recommendation: Inhouse Luther will dowel screw holes, dowel trem post holes. replace trem/locknuts with 6 string floyd rose and 7 string schaller floyd rose, Neck Jig press bow problem, recalibrate and strobe.

The total cost for repairs was 500 bucks on the guitars!! but they are good looking guitars though, heh [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Now that's what I call "throwing good money after bad!"

[img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

1st, hello. I don't post often, but I always find the discussions regarding ESP interesting. I'm a recent Jackson convert, and must say that it took me 15 years to see the light. I was roped in the early by Ibanez because Paul Gilbert used them...later I moved "up" to ESP. Now these were real ESP's, not the LTD crap. My real ESP's were quite nice for Japanese guitars, way better than Ibanez, but way more expensive also. Eventually I sold off most of the ESP's at a nice profit to local Metallica worshippers. Last year I traded the last one for a new PC-1. Since then I picked up 5 new USA Selects and 1 San Dimas. The ESP is not missed. At the end of the day I got tired of paying $1200 - $1700 for jap bolt-on guitars. The Jackson's kick their asses quality-wise and cost less too. Besides what's a better way to support the US economy?? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MD:
                  Besides what's a better way to support the US economy?? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Isn't that what Ed Roman preaches? Hehehe!

Comment

well, you shouldn't have to defend the guitar of your choice...i've got enough experience owning different brands (you name it i've probably owned one including a few really nice esp's) to know they all feel different...as for the 15 year old, he's going by what he's seen his heroes play, a lot of us originally wanted a jackson 'cos of randy so there's no difference there, if he wants to be a cog in the machinery of marketing at say 35 years old then it's worth debating with him, 'til then i wouldn't even bother...rest easy in the fact that you play the guitars that feel best to you and allow you to speak thru them...of course it doesn't hurt that they're extremely high quality [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ...d.m.
                    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Well, even Ed can't be wrong all the time [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

"And the retarded comment was right on the money. Yes it's horrible that these kids are born with mental and physical defects, but is it really necessary to have a Special Olympics? I don't think so.
                        Maybe those of us who are not "Special" or otherwise able to compete in the real Olympics should get together and form our own Olympic series? The Slobovian Olympics?"

It's comments like yours that make this world a little less livable every day. I thought the JCF was a great place to be to talk about guitars?

to be quite honest, I despise people who discriminate against handicapped members of society, and use any opportunity to show their superiority by using similar comments used at the beginning of this thread.

Yes it's necessary to have Olympics for the handicapped. why should they be left out purely because they were born disabled? and is it fair for them to race against a person born healthy? I don't think so. they deserve to compete for their country just like you and I.

and no, it's not a touchy subject for me. tell me, what makes you a better person?

Comment

Well, while it's wrong to pick on those different from us, it IS just a saying and I really don't think NOTP meant anything bad or disrespectful by it. Some others I'm not so sure about... [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

I have a Nephew who has Cerebal Palsy and competes in the Special Olympics every year. He's awesome! He has a better attitude about life than I do! Little dude is cool as heck! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey easy .. I'm 15 years old and I only use Jackson!

Comment

I'm with Doc, you don't need to defend J/C, they speak for themselves!
                              I have only had experience with one ESP, it had the wood screw trem posts pulled out, JT-6 trem so apparently a previous owner had an older J/C which needed an OFR.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Loud2Old:
                                You can't tell a teenager anything.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Agreed. Whatever they see on MTV is whatever must be right. Paid endorsers who are compensated to say something is good and prefer an ESP can never be wrong, even if they chose things like Jacksons before they were being paid to play ESP's.

Comment

Working...
                                X