Question about a custom shop shortwing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about a custom shop shortwing

I'm thinking about ordering a 'shortwing' Rhoads. Any reason why the custom shop wouldn't accomodate the request? I'm a little out of the loop these days (years), so I'm not sure if the custom shop operates the same way it used to.

Also - does it still take 18 months to get a guitar from them, or is that just GMW (LOL)?

Thanks in advance,

-e-

Re: Question about a custom shop shortwing

Hey, long time no see from [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The current estimates are 7-12 months, so figure 10-15 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

They say you can't get an LTD anymore unless you know someone (like Zakk did) but you can probably get a White XTRR with Pins and block inlays and a v-trem [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I think someone was mentioning one of dealers ordered some numbers of these as limited run.
      PM me if interested in.
      I know the name of the dealer but not JCF dealers.

Comment

Hey bro, long time no see! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Perhaps you could sneak it in by doing a "custom shape" and sending them a template or dimensions, and not reference "shortwing" at all. Sneaky, but you never know.

Custom Shop lead time is supposedly 10 months when I placed my order a couple weeks ago...
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Ev, it has been a while.... Everything alright?

Pat

Comment

Wow. Long time since you have been around. Hope all is well.

Comment

What exactly are the "Xtreme" shapes? I think I saw what was supposedly an XTRR one time but it looked the same as any other RR to me.

Comment

If you look carefully, they look very different.
                There are some pics on Gallery that you should check.

Comment

Look at the long wing. That's the biggest difference.

The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

That is pretty different. I like it, thanks.

Comment

Hello again, and thanks to all for the kind words. I'm doing great - just busy as heck (like we all are). I've spent the better part of the past two years in an MBA program, and with family, work, and other activities, I've just been a bit low profile.

I've been fiending for an LTD for a while, but I've been too cheap to pull the trigger on one of the three or four that have been on eBay the past couple of months. I really like the shortwing, but if I'm going to spend the kind of money that the sellers ask for one, I will probably have one made (if possible), then spend the difference on a watch. The difference will go a long way toward a YachtMaster!

-e-

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Look at the long wing. That's the biggest difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Hello again, and thanks to all for the kind words. I'm doing great - just busy as heck (like we all are). I've spent the better part of the past two years in an MBA program, and with family, work, and other activities, I've just been a bit low profile.

I've been fiending for an LTD for a while, but I've been too cheap to pull the trigger on one of the three or four that have been on eBay the past couple of months. I really like the shortwing, but if I'm going to spend the kind of money that the sellers ask for one, I will probably have one made (if possible), then spend the difference on a watch. The difference will go a long way toward a YachtMaster!

-e-

[/ QUOTE ]

Though I do not know you directly, you sir have excellent taste in both guitars and watches. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X