Tom's Red Proto Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tom\'s Red Proto Soloist

Wow, did charvel and jackson make many headstocks that look like gibson explorers or Kramers, must be rare.

Comment

Nice find [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

VERY SWEET JACKSON - Man I love the head on that [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Cheers [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

No they didn't, and I don't think that they made many set neck guitars at all either! Definatley rare and awesome! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Damn that's one ugly guitar [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] no offense [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Very cool guitar. Nice find.

Some people will probably come at me with torches and pitchforks for saying so, but that headstock and the bigger body make it look kinda' Kramer-ish. (..."Sacrilege"! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Comment

I'd say that's an authentic Jackson Soloist. Yes, set neck. Spacey T played one very similar to it. His was a red set neck but had a pointy headstock and a more "free hand" painted logo, similar to the JCF 01 logoes. That may very well be one of the first ones.
                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

cool, but is that neck original, and is there a break at the headstock

Comment

Wow... that's cool. Ugly. But cool. Does it have a serial #?
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Hope you got good money for it [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't think basswood is always light...

Comment

Hi, thanks for all the interest in my guitar. I'll try to answer some of the questions.
                          The tuners were changed, but before I got it. I remember doing something about the Floyd, but I'm foggy on exactly what it was (does anybody remember the '80's all that well?). If memory serves me correctly, it had a Floyd originally, but an old model without microtuners. I traded up for the newer model, and then changed the arm on it again later to one with a screw on/off nut.

It is a set neck, the line in the photo is crazed paint - which it has a lot of.

Apparently, Spacey T and I have a lot in common: very bad hair in the mid-'80's, Jacksons, and Dean guitars. It looks to me like Spacey's has a chrome Floyd on it.

No serial number or markings anywhere I have found.

Is basswood heavy? This is a heavy guitar. I don't know its weight beyond that.

Thanks again,

tom

Comment

SWEET no basswood is light
                            word yes explorer headstocks are rare I had a SD charvel star with an explorer headstock & it wasnt a tilt back it was straight like a strat or ESP GLynch type

Comment

Working...
                            X