When did Jackson change routes??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did Jackson change routes??

What year did Jackson change the route cavity from the triangular shaped route to the newer "oblong" route which is used now [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Do all San Dimas era Jackson's have this route and are all post San Dimas era guitars the new style??

My oldest Jackson is a 87'(plate # 3510), and it has the newer route on it.

Thanks.

Re: When did Jackson change routes??

From what I understand, the new routes were started when guitars were built in the new Ontario facility.

Comment

Hence the names "Ontario route" and "San Dimas route" [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Not all Ontario guitars have the larger route. I have 2 with the SD route. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Although not as common, the SD route is still used to this day. DK1s, for example. And, if you like, it can still be specified on custom shop orders.

Comment

the model series bolt ons i have have the sd route too but the neck thrus i have have the ontario route
            The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

My Model 1 has a SD route, while my Model 1C and Model 4 have the Ontario route (even though they are both Japanese [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

The Model 5FX I had had the larger Ontario style route.

Comment

i forgot to add above that my san dimas plated bass #1991 has the sd route too
                The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Working...
                X