The RacerX HandyDandy Guide to posting pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The RacerX HandyDandy Guide to posting pics

#1 The image must be online (on a server)
    #2 The image must be able to be cross-posted
    (most will, but places like Geocities & Tripod won't allow it)
    #3 URLs with some bad words won't work! (UBB automatically turns some bad words into ****)
    I tried to use a Sebastian Bach pic but Metal Sludge calls him Seb:tchian, so the addy turned into Se*****ian HA HA HA

OK find a pic (or open a photobucket acct)
    Right click on it
    Select properties on the popup menu
    Highlight the URL (will start with http)
    Copy it (Ctrl C or use the popup window)
    Make sure you get all of it
    Come back to JCF
    When you reply to a post (or start a new topic) you'll see 10 boxes below this text box here
    (URL, BOLD, etc)

In the message where you want the pic, simply click on the box marked IMAGE
    A popup window will ask for your URL
    Paste it in there!
    Click OK

Finish message!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Re: The RacerX HandyDandy Guide to posting pics

Step 1 - Get your own damn website host - there'a a billion out there (try www.freewebsites.com)
    Step 2 - Upload your pics to your site (the Hosting Service tells you how ot do this)
    Step 3 - Right-click on the file once it's uploaded and select "Copy Shortcut"
    Step 4 - Click "Post a Reply" in an existing thread or "Add New Topic" in the appropriate Forum
    Step 5 - type </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;"> [img] </pre><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">then paste (Ctrl+V) to paste the link, then type </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;"> [/img] </pre><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">so it all looks just like this: </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;"> </pre><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">- no spaces in any of it!

And you end up with this:

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Good preventive (sp?) job, RacerX.

Now, why not make a HandyDandy Common Spelling Errors List which you can refer to every time someone mis#¤"&#%&% a word? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

/Henrik
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I've got a word!! "preventative"! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Heh, stupid me. I looked it up but couldn't figure out the grammar [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

/Henrik
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
            I tried to use a Sebastian Bach pic but Metal Sludge calls him Seb:tchian, so the addy turned into Se*****ian HA HA HA
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'll gladly host the picture for you with the file name of your choice [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
              Step 1 - Get your own damn website host - there'a a billion out there (try www.freewebsites.com)
              Step 2 - Upload your pics to your site (the Hosting Service tells you how ot do this)
              Step 3 - Right-click on the file once it's uploaded and select "Copy Shortcut"
              Step 4 - Click "Post a Reply" in an existing thread or "Add New Topic" in the appropriate Forum
              Step 5 - type </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;"> [img] </pre><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">then paste (Ctrl+V) to paste the link, then type </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;"> [/img] </pre><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">so it all looks just like this: </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;"> </pre><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">- no spaces in any of it!

And you end up with this:

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That photo is off of a Gibson Advert for Les Pauls in my local guitar shop.

Andy!

Comment

Originally posted by mupps:
                That photo is off of a Gibson Advert for Les Pauls in my local guitar shop.

Andy!
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually I got it off the internet a few years ago - it had "We TOLD you so!!" at the bottom of it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

When did they turn the swear filters back on?

Comment

I would suggest this link as a place to upload pictures. It's the easiest of any.
                    http://upload.joako.com/index.php
                    Click the browse button beside the 'select your files' line and select your picture from your computer.
                    Then click the upload button and you will see a preview along with the what you want to copy.
                    click the copy button under the vBB[IMG]tags box.
                    Then paste (Ctrl-V) in a JCF edit window.
                    Your will see the open/close [img] tags as well as the link to the picture.
                    No need to make accounts or anything.

Comment

I think it's just for b*tch, for some reason. Other, more 'colorful' words seem to be acceptable. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X