Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Van Halen and a strathead

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter:
    Danger... Danger! Posts can mysteriously disappear any time Eddie's name and the Charvel name are mentioned together... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's amazing this thread has been left this long.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

this is a stupid question, but Why is the thread gonna dissappear?

Comment

Originally posted by Seventh Avenged:
        this is a stupid question, but Why is the thread gonna dissappear?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good question, are people supposing Ed or Peavey are the gestapo or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel:
          Good question, are people supposing Ed or Peavey are the gestapo or something?
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not unless the neck is striped...

Comment

"blaaah...the masked man's a fag bllaahhh"...lol...d.m.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] What is that from? It reminds me of a short cartoon I saw years ago. Funny stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
              You two, uh, dudes sure hang out together a lot! [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Awwww...cmon, Ron are you THAT jealous???? [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Well I got the Lone Ranger but at least I don't get grammer corrections! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] The show rocked, plain and simple...oh and sorry for going to a concert with my friend, next time I will know to go alone or else feel the wrath of Racerx! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Later!
              Mike

Comment

na, Ron just means take a really hot chick. or your wife if your married. or a girl in general. or someone resembling a girl [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] haha, j/k bro! except for the first part.

Comment

What the hell is that crazy rod sticking out of Ed's' guitars?

I assume that it's to keep his cable out of the way but why not wireless and why that stupid thing?

Comment

I was just wondering the same thing. Can anyone explain that contraption?

Comment

Originally posted by ninja1195:
                      What the hell is that crazy rod sticking out of Ed's' guitars?

I assume that it's to keep his cable out of the way but why not wireless and why that stupid thing?
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep. It keeps his cable out of the way of his feet and legs. It looks like a huge "eye" on a screw, from a hook & eye arrangement. Circa Home Depot. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I saw them a couple of weeks ago and thought he was having wireless trouble. In retrospect, I think Ed prefers cable for whatever reason. He seems to be using them for a lot of shows.

Comment

the quote is from a cartoon based on a comedy sketch called "thank you mr. maskman" by lenny bruce...it used to air on showtime a lot...i haven't seen it in years and can't seem to find a copy anymore...d.m.
                        http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

lol @ matt's eddie cursing story, thats hilarious about the ed cursing, i can just see him doing it...but at least he didn't smash the thing and throw it across stage, eh?

Comment

Word has it the guitar is his old Kramer 5150 with a new neck and a different pickup. That long rod keeps the cable out of the way but it seems to cause problems too. The 1st night I saw them his cable got stuck on the Michael Anthony's headstock. The 2nd night Ed stepped on the jack that goes into his pedalboard and broke it. They keep a spare cable on the stage that's ready to be plugged in if needed, and that's exactly what they did. A friend of mine was sitting inside the stage and said Eddie was swearing his brains out when he broke the cable. Oops!

Matt
                            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Working...
                            X